cbale2000's most helpful reviews

Still very Work In Progress, but a great game so far. Can't wait to see what the guys at Facepunch do with this next!
Posted December 11, 2013.
I got this game for free as a Kickstarter supporter, but even I can see that this version of the game shouldn't be more than a $5 DLC, it is by far not a standalone game. It's definately a good upgrade from Planetary Annihilation, but not worth paying for at the current price if you already own PA.

Basically, they added 1 new unit to each unit type and tech level, there are also 4 new endgame units and 1 new endgame structure, all of which you will almost never use because there are quicker and easier ways to kill your enemies. There are a few nice UI upgrades from standard PA too, but nothing significant. And that's basically the only difference between this an PA.

TL;DR: If you don't already own PA, this is the game for you. If you do already own PA, wait for a REALLY good sale.
Posted August 22, 2015.
No ratings yet
I absolutely love the Ace Combat Franchise, its my favorite series of games of all time. As such I was excited when the latest game was released for PC, but that excitement quickly turned to frustration as I realised just how poorly ported from the console the game was.

Leave any notions of how the game is supposed to work behind, because not even a controller will make this game playable. I've tried three different control configurations and none have worked like they should. Between the bugs and poor custom key/button-mapping, this is by far the worst console port of and game I have ever played.

As a huge fan of Ace Combat, I really wanted to like this game, and if it worked right, I'm sure I would... but it doesn't, so I can't. =/
Posted October 8, 2013. Last edited May 24, 2015.
No ratings yet
If you own Tropico 3, don't bother getting 4. It's basically the exact same game (they even use the exact same models for almost all of the buildings) except they added like 5 new structures and a less user-friendly interface.

This could hardly be considered an expansion to Tropico 3, let alone its own game.
Posted July 20, 2013. Last edited August 19, 2014.
1,178.0 hrs on record
A lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. It's like the Garry's Mod of space ships. A surprisingly good game for an Alpha, can't wait to see what they do with it going forward.
Posted July 17, 2013.
No ratings yet
Seriously, don't buy this, unless your getting it for a 2 year old kid. I got this in some game pack a while back and only start it up to do steam sale achievements. This most recent one I couldn't even finish because the game is just SO BAD, it hurts to play it for more than 60 seconds at a time. If you want cheap entertainment, go play a game of solitaire, because its more fun than this is.
Posted December 22, 2011. Last edited August 19, 2014.