Recent reviews by TaroYamada-Savior of PC-Gaben2.0

TaroYamada-Savior of PC-Gaben2.0's most helpful reviews

A re-imagining of one of the best 16 bit platformers and a well done one at that.
Posted February 5, 2014.
A great game, a good port. Some of the biggest issues on PS3 were jaggies and load times, both resolved in this release. The only major issue remaining is that the ranking system prioritizes speed too much, vs. completion.

Regardless Valkyria Chronicles is amongst the best SRPGs ever made, has some of the finest art direction of any game ever and belongs in the library of anybody who appreciates great content. Buy it.
Posted November 12, 2014.
Fun, cheap (I paid $1.49) and fully supports Windows 8 touch screens!
Posted September 28, 2014.
Wowza, ok, first off I will let you know that Cave Story is simply put one of the best games of all time. In my top 25 games ever and it was made by just one dude, Daisuke Amaya. I will also let you know there is a freeware version available that is perfectly solid. Don't be afraid to play that version, because it's the original and it is of high quality. Previously I've beaten the freeware OS X version (the first time I beat it), then I beat the Windows version, then I beat the WiiWare version, and now I am on my fourth playthrough with CS+.

CS + includes a variety of extras, new "HD" graphics, new OST, be sure to check between the new & old to see which you prefer.

Buy it sometime.

A+
Posted December 27, 2011.
GOTY for 2011.
Posted November 24, 2012.
No ratings yet
A great world, interesting storyline, some fun dungeons, fantastic art direction, and good bosses are held back by poor pacing, over-focus on combat, ridiculous tutorials, and the game spending too much time in uglier areas.

B-
Posted August 30, 2012.
No ratings yet
Great game, tons of fun, and free. Download it.
Posted August 29, 2012.
No ratings yet
So very imperfect. I played and beat this game and spent much time in its multiplayer, as well as replayed some of the campaign on hard instead of normal difficulty. The game is interesting more so as a museum of dated design concepts than a standalone game. I enjoyed 90% of my time inside of it, and had some fun, but it definitely isn't everybodies cup of tea.

With Duke now in Gearbox's hands, let's look forward to a better game in Duke Begins.

C-
Posted August 22, 2012.
No ratings yet
It's not groundbreaking, but the gameplay is very satisfying and it's in my top five third person shooters ever. Do yourself a favor, grab it. 4/5
Posted August 22, 2012. Last edited January 31, 2014.
No ratings yet
Open world Red Faction, a decent sandbox to screw around in and destroy crap. Overall however the game is just too large and repetitive for its own good, as open world games often are. Furthermore, the art direction was less than stellar, the guns lacked the variety and uniqueness of some of the other RF titles (the amazing sledge hammer was introduced in this game though), and story was under-utilized in my honest opinion. I know Red Faction has a typical, campy, sci-fi story, but it's one of the enjoyable things about the series for me and I would have appreciated a larger focus on it. Enemies are really only dangerous in large numbers and many of them just sit there and allow themselves to be shot at instead of heading for cover. With all that said I definitely enjoyed collapsing a building on enemies rather than having to go in and clear them out one by one, or taking out the supports of a tower and watching a guard fall to his death inside it.

C+