Posted: Jun 20, 2017 @ 12:04am
Updated: Dec 19, 2017 @ 6:49am

Well, here you have it folks; the achievement apocalypse, the end of the achievement world, the death of achievements and hunters alike. Although the developer says that Zen vs Zombie (Achievement Hunter) is a "real game" and meant for more than just mediocre, grotesque farming of meaningless internet points, it's obvious what the true intended purpose of this game is. It even boasts in the Steam store image, where the word "achievment" is misspelled by the way, "10000 achievment".

You may be asking yourself, how do you unlock these achievements exactly? Simple! Just open the game and let it sit there. Nevermind playing the 5 subpar levels that look and function like a Newgrounds Flash-styled game that would be Blammed immediately, there's nothing related to doing that because that would make sense. Zen vs Zombie itself is a generic, run-of-the-mill 2D sidescrolling shooter where you have unlimited ammo and a useless health bar. Why is it useless? Well, because even if you run out of health, you just restart from a checkpoint or the beginning of the level and none of your progress is deleted. So you just run to the right, collect useless coins, shoot useless zombies with useless infinite ammo, while unlocking 10,361 useless achievements.

If you're thinking about buying Zen vs Zombie (Achievement Hunter) to unlock achievements and then refund, think again. It's going to take well over 2 hours to unlock all of them, since roughly 3,000 unlock per hour. The game itself lasts about 10-15 minutes, depending on your luck with the last level. Did I mention it also doesn't have a rebind option for the controls? For some reason, the developer thought it was a good idea to have a combination of WSAD to move and R to shoot; given that you're mostly running to the right all the time, it makes as much sense as the Chewbacca defense.

Rating: 0.0/5.0 - WARNING. Scam developer. Abandon all hope, ye who enter.
The Horror Network Curator | Group Click for Gore

Related Reviews:
Review for Achievement Hunter - Darkness 2: Here
WaitThisIsntTheKitchen Jun 24, 2017 @ 10:52am
I only just came across this game, as an 'ex achievement hunter' (due to all these pointless and totally crap shitty useless poo achievements) this game is aids and I don't even have it, that's how aids it is, rip to the meaning of achievements :steamsad:
The Horror Network Jun 21, 2017 @ 5:35am
Yeah I thought about mentioning that. Thanks for bringing it up.
TaD Jun 21, 2017 @ 5:30am
Not to forget the nazi-symbols and the terrorist-topic bound to the game like the nonsense is complete now!
Kids shouldn't do business on Steam, but Valves takes the money - what a kibosh..?!
D4wn Jun 20, 2017 @ 1:57pm
these games only exist because the people who make them know they can earn money on them, they are not game developers, they are people trying to earn easy money by taking advantage of greenlight, I hope that everyone who actually want these achievements buy the game and then refund it so they dont earn shit on this
Mike Litoris Jun 20, 2017 @ 1:42am
im gonna refund this. this game is a joke. not even the developer has 2 hours of it in his steam profile lol.
The Horror Network Jun 20, 2017 @ 1:40am
Yeah they unlock at a set pace so that the developer doesn't have to worry about people refunding if they want all the achievements. And yeah, it just kinda "poof" ends after the one with all the missiles and circular saws.
Mike Litoris Jun 20, 2017 @ 1:39am
tell me something, the game really has only 6 levels??? i was playing and then puff. it just ended. theres not even a plot, its like its unfinished. and the pop ups of achievments dont stop appearing in game. wtf is this?
The Horror Network Jun 20, 2017 @ 1:28am
@Fox don't worry I'll have one downvote soon enough, I have someone who has been devoting the last year of their life to downvoting every review I make.

@Putilin.Industries, care to elaborate? As far as I can tell, your game doesn't have a save feature, so it doesn't remember the coins that have already been collected. Will this mean players will need to collect these coins again?
Maluno Jun 20, 2017 @ 1:23am
You can't polish a turd.
KuWanTum Jun 20, 2017 @ 1:21am
Fair play to the dev for at least taking the review as they should - hope they can make the improvements benefit the game as a result.