Recent reviews by Skaery

< 1  2  3 ... 10 >
Fantastic puzzle game!
Posted November 26, 2016.
Who can honestly say they've never dreamed about living the sweet goat life?
Posted November 23, 2016.
First of all, Drizzlepath: Genie is a walking simulator in it's purest sense. All you do is walk while hearing a story.

The good:
The atmosphere is great! The game is created with the CryEngine which really shows. On your journey you'll see huge areas rich with detail. The rain, the grass moving in the wind, the various flowers - the all add to the beautiful scenery.
Through your jouney you'll visit different places such as flowery fields, snowy mountains, and caves.
If you like taking screenshots of beautiful places, this is a good game for it.
From time to time a narrator tells a story with a calm voice which adds to the whole experience. The story is quite poetic.

The bad:
You walk very slow. I would really liked an option to walk faster. When I wanted to close a bit closer on the scenery I just stopped.
You follow a path on your journey but I still felt lost a few times. Some times there's a long period without any narration which can be a bit confusing (at least it was for me in the beginning). At one point the narrator said I was walking the wrong way but I'm pretty sure I didn't.
Very few times you'll find a small puzzle or some rocks you have to jump over - these seemed out of place compared to the rest of the experience.

Overall, if you are into walking simulators and looking at beautiful scenery, this is a good game. If you are looking for a bit more action or involvement, stay away from this game.

Disclaimer: a key was provided by the developer in return for an unbiased review.
Posted March 12, 2016.
I was pleasantly surprised by this game. It felt very old-school but with a few modern twists.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the game when it leaves early access.
Posted December 14, 2014.
Interesting puzzle adventure game. However, it feels very slow paced because of the slow walking and all the small loading times every time you do something.
Posted December 14, 2014.
Very simple platformer where you play as a couple of wheels (colon?) while exploring the history of typography.
The game has great music and a very great artstyle.
Sadly, the game is also really short (around 2 hours), but somehow it seemed fine.
Posted April 10, 2014.
This game really surprised me!

At first you'll think this is just a very linear story-driven platformer with some easy puzzles. It actually feels somewhat like a kid's platformer, but there's more to it.

After completing the game you'll learn that everything in the game is a metaphore for a very dark and mature subject.

That aside, the game have really unique and artistic level designs and a fitting soundtrack.

I have no problem recommending this game. However, the full price at 12,99€ do seem a bit high when the game can be completed in 3-4 hours.
Posted December 21, 2013.
I can't believe how much fun I've had playing this title. There so much to explore, and so many secrets to find, it's unbelievable. The story might seem a bit strange to begin with, but while you explore the giant world you'll find various pieces of lore that helps with the bigger picture.

The game builds around a very simple puzzle mechanic: you can switch between a girl that can jump and climb, and a ball that can bounce higher and move faster. This works very well, and you'll meet some smart puzzles throughout the game where this comes in good use.

Even the art style is beautiful. Almost every single room has some uniqueness to it, and there's so many crazy creatures (knytts) you'll meet. Also, the music is very fitting.

I can only give this game a high recommendation.
Posted December 16, 2013.
I really love the LEGO games, and this one is just MARVELlous.
Posted November 25, 2013. Last edited November 25, 2013.
Completing this game on easy AND HARD took under 3 hours... WTF? Can't even say I had much fun in that short while either.
Posted August 2, 2013. Last edited November 25, 2013.
< 1  2  3 ... 10 >