Posted: May 1 @ 7:34am

A game with a good story and nice graphics, ruined by the lack of attention and respect from the developers towards the fans.
Initially planned for consoles, the game was released for PC due to the push realised by the fans of the first two series. But what came out of this badly made port is just pure angst for everyone.
Immense number of glitches, bugs, and game-breaking issues - this is what Syberia 3 came out to be. I played it during the first few days after the release, and it was a dreadful experience.
As a person who has worked in local gaming media, was an indisputable fan of the franchise, and pre-ordered without any regards to the very possible issues that would come out of this, even I felt a bit offended. There are games with glitches and bugs and there is this complete lack of product.
Here is what I had issues with, and which is still not fixed:

*Controls do not correspond to actual playing medium. Controllers aren't recognised, same controls for different actions in the same view. (4 for inspect and exit)
*Lip-synching to the localised languages is terrible, including in English
*You cannot edit controls
*You cannot edit graphics (you get three not really explained quality options and that's it)
Mind you, your lowest graphics setting looks much, much better than the best one... Even on good computers.
*You get a third instalment in a point and click legend and it has no point and click option; not even an option! Guys, games like Uru had this ages ago! There, you can switch between first and third person view e.g. in some newer games in first person, you can switch between keyboard and point and click movement types. Why not Syberia 3?
*Achievements didn't work, I didn't really replay the game to check if they fixed them. At the end of the day I ended up with probably at least half of my deserved achievements (and probably trading cards) missing.

And last but not least - stupid marketingy excuses. Guys, you let out a cripple on the market. Stupid explanations and excuses a la young studio don't suit you. Suck it up and take responsibility.
SPOILERS!

Story:
Apart from the bugs and game-breaking issues, there was a huge problem with the game's story line, the plot... The big one.

The story is silly to say the least.
No added story-value: While Syberia 1 and 2 were focused on the intricate story with immense attention to detail, this sequel is nothing close to detailed. You get almost zero letters, information in the form of written text or discussions with the NPCs - things which were essential to the original game and the second instalment.

No real raison d'etre
We know almost nothing about what happened between 2 and 3. We get dumped straight at Kate being semi-dead and carried along by some Yukols. We get no introduction to the Yukol tribe we are with and suddenly they are all over the place...the previously almost mythical people.

No plans - we get to see Kate as a simpleton: she sees a few people in need and helps them. Then she gets to fight against the bad guys. Typical silly old-school good vs bad in a PG 12 setting. Nah.

No brains: the puzzles were easy. The things which made me waste time were 1. lack of ability to see the second activity zone on a zoomed-in screen and 2. a quite illogical thing where you must use one specific piece of the environment to perform a very basic action which you can do with at least 2 things in your inventory and with your arms and legs as well.

Ending: There we go, let me use my standard description: Naruto filler.
We get to see a game's story unfold for us only to end-up where we started ready to wait for the real story to unfold. This one was obviously a filler.

Overall, if we get rid of the bugs and glitches - the game can be enjoyable. I would have recommended it.
However, I take a stand against studios which neglect their responsibility towards those who made them able to work - the fans, the gamers, the public.
Your release of this game in such a state was offensive to the community which waited for your product for 10+ years. You cannot excuse the bad quality you released. You are not Ubisoft, coming up yearly with 3 AAA titles and bringing in one ruined out of them (I’m talking to you, AC Unity!). You took your time and came up with this after several delays.

Feel the saltiness.
MrAngelus Jun 12 @ 1:57pm
@Team Microids it is now almost the middle of June. Any update on the patch that adds full mouse mode and fixes other performance issues. is it still coming in June?
Team Microids  [developer] May 22 @ 6:26am
Hi ShinOnna

we can continue this conversation using contact@microids.com if you want :)
Just precise your Steam pseudo in case...

Alain

ShinOnna May 21 @ 7:59am
@Team Microids? really... why would I play the game again after I've seen your flat plot and pretty bad ending? I am not replaying the game to get these achievements. I'm neither amused by your lack of story and the abolishment of the Syberia sophistication from the original two games, neither am I interested in seeing your lack of detailing in the visuals.
#sorrynotsorry If you wanted to create a game that is better than the current interactive movies for consoles - yey! you did it.
If you, however, wanted to create a game that continues the legendary prequels... you failed miserably.
Team Microids  [developer] May 19 @ 1:29pm
Hello ShinOnna

Sorry to read your dispointment...
Did you try the last updates ?
some improvement were made as you (and some others few) suggested :)

@Raf
we are working on a full mouse mode that should be available beginning of June

Best regards

Alain
ShinOnna May 9 @ 1:30pm
Sorry, @Raf
Raf May 8 @ 5:28am
What? It's not point and click anymore? What kind of blasphemy is that?