Recent reviews by RavagerOfDreams

Singularity is a very unique and very fun twist on the traditional first person shooter. The enemies vary between intimidating and scary as♥♥♥♥♥♥and all over varrying degrees of challenge. The Easy difficulty setting still makes for a scary game, but higher levels are much more challenging. It's not all horror though, there are a good number of sections that play out like a military/sci-fi shooter. The story is awesome and deals havily with time travel and unique problem solving puzzles based on the temporal manipulation of objects and the enivornment using the TMD (Time Manipulation Device). You age things to destroy/remove them, or you "revert" them to their original state to make use of them. Weapons are satisfying and sexy and the satisfaction of sniping an enemies head off while in slow motion and seeing the gratuitous (yet probably unrealistic) fountain of spurting blood is just terrific. Voice acting is very good too and includes the talent of Steve Blum, famous for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, the Call of Duty series, Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, Company of Heroes, StarCraft II, Diablo III, and so many other games, as well as the show Star Wars: Rebels.
I would add that much of the game is inspired by an earlier Raven Software game, Wolfenstein (2009). Much of the set design and overall gameplay is very similar with upgradable weapons and abbilities and creepy supernatrual crap, and the TMD is also very similar to the Thule Medallion from Wolfenstein. The primary antagonists, the Russians of the Soviet Union could also be seen as analogous to the Nazis. But the game is very fun and challenging so I will not go as far as to call this lazy game design....but it does come close.
Posted October 30, 2017.
This game is unbelievably good. I likes the original Original Sin (lol) a LOT, but I absolutely LOVE Original Sin 2! Like it's predecessor, it takes crafting, item and character interaction, and depth to whole other level. Each item can be broken down into it's constitutent parts, and those parts can then be used to craft something else. You can move contatiners (that aren't too heavy) around instead of just opening them. You can bash down a door instead of picking the lock.
The story and characters are greatly improved from the original game too. Since the Early Access beta, they have added voice acting for all characters and it's high quality VO work too. The tutorial "prolouge" story has been expanded with additional content and a whole new intro, which is great for anyone who has already played the intro through Early Access several times (this guy) and was getting a littel bored. They have added detailed and well written back stories for each of the preset "Origin" characters (of course you can still create your own custom character too), and the story intros for each one are even read aloud by the characters!
I am going to spend WAY too much time playing this game, I can tell that already.
Posted October 6, 2017.
Syberia 1 & 2 are amazing games, but the matter of the fact is that Benoit Sokal is somewhat talentless at game design and on this one, it REALLY shows. There are tons of bugs, the graphics, while kind of pretty, are nothing spectacular (why on earth they focused on making next gen graphics for an ADVENTURE GAME rather than making a good adventure game is beyond me), the choice to redevelop in order to port to the Nintendo Switch means the PC controls are all manner of ♥♥♥♥ed, and even the story, a hallmark of the other games in the series, is completely devoid of emotion and any depth whatsoever. The puzzles are either ridiculously easy or absurdly hard and the terrible controls make everything that much harder.
Benoit Sokal is normally good at making things look beutiful but has always struggled with actual game design. He should be a game artist, NOT a game developer.
This isn't the first of his games to suck♥♥♥♥♥either: I played both Paradise and Sinking Island and I hated both of them. I hated Paradise from the first few minutes of the game and barely played it at all, but I played a good 3 or 4 hours of Sinking Island before I had had enough of the terrible dialoge and ridiculously bad overall design.
Benoit, Syberia is a great world you have created, but please stop making games, or hire someone else to make them while you produce art for them. Because you SUCK at game desgin.
Posted August 28, 2017.
This, along with all of Lonely Troop's games, is simply and cheaply made and has no depth whatsoever. There is no skill involoved at all, your chartacter cannot die, everything happens according to the most linear scipt I have ever seen, and nothing really matters since it will all end one way no matter how you play. Lonely Troop expended absolutely nothing in developing this game and it took absolutely zero skill to make it. Charging more than $1 for this pile of crap is simple highway reobery. Do yourself a favor and avoid this and play solitaire instead.
Posted August 15, 2017.
I liked it. It has a decent story, good traditional point and click adventure gameplay, it isn't overly difficult yet still presents a bit of a challenge. Overall, a very decent adventure game with some great dark supernatural/gothic elements.
Posted August 15, 2017.
This really is the best Sandbox game I have ever played. I love this game so much!
The graphics are actually quite good for this style of game, many magnitudes greater than Minecraft.
This game is basically what Minecraft should have been if the devs hadn't been so damn lazy and kept at it rather than swimming in their piles of money and then selling it to Microsoft and getting even richer.
Rising World IS a work in progress, so it's a little rough around the edges at times, but every update makes the game better at overcoming that. It is really quite slick, and now there is water, biomes, wildlife, an ingame map (very helpful when trying to get back home from exploring), and even dungeons!
Dev's, what I REALLY want is seasons.
Idea: 1. have seasons of singnificant length (is matching real world seasons, liek it's winter through the whole real world season of winter, too extreme/annoying? I think it could be kind of cool.)
2. Have the wildlife become more scarce and the plants produce less, or maybe nothing at all. It would make it vital to gather up and store food in the fall in preperation for winter. Maybe even include harvest times, etc.
3. Have the water freeze. Again, it would make it vital to gather and store water. Maybe introduce rare(ish) undergound water sources, and/or wells to allow for year-round water access.
4. Have optional spooky horror themed events and goings on in the winter. That would REALLY float my boat.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK DEVS and THANK YOU!!!
Posted May 7, 2017.
It's a decent remake. The graphics look way better, but sadly, a number of user made ENB mods for the original game are far better. How is it that people who work for free somehow always manage to make a better product than a company that makes a profit from it???
I addition to that, I have encountered numerous odd occurances througout Skyrim that must be the result of some sort of glitches. Mostly odd fires emenating from the nowhere, even in midair. Namely I have encountered one on the coast west of Winterhold and one in Solitude in the Castle Dour courtyard. I also have seen a really weird reflection of green light on the ocean that does not seem to have any discernable source; As you approach the reflection it fades away.
However the worst bugs so far have been quest related. For instance, the Hold favor quests that culimate in a Thanehood; if you achieve the Thanehood before finishg one or more of the quests, the quest says active in your Journal but the quest is no longer avaiable as a map marker and the relevant conversation options disappear. Also the quest <SPOILER ALERT> Blood on the Ice is heavily glitched. When I first entered Windhelm and went to the graveyard at midnight the quest failed to trigger. I tried to use the console commands to force it and that did not work. It looks like the setstage command is broken, when I look up the stage of any quest they are always at 0 (not active) no matter what. I left and came back after hitting level 17 and it triggered. NOTE the game had been patched a couple times in between attempts. BUT it still is bugged, this time, after investigating the abandoned house, finding the amulet, going to Viola, and then taking the amulet straight to Wulfharth the court wizard (I know who the real killer is, I have played this numerous times) the quest fails to activate the final stage where you patrol the Stone District streets at night to catch the killer. It looks like the quest is expecting the player to take a particualr approach to the quest even though it is a non-linear quest with multiple approches. This quest has been known to be randomly buggy since the launch of Skyrim. It is kind of a shame Bethesda did not at least try to iron out some of these known issues for th remaster.
Pros: Good graphical enhancements
Cons: bugs, some of them new ones; graphical enhancements could have been much better with available tech; nothing new, not even an improved UI; repertedly the audio in the console versions is even worse than the original, but that doesn't pertain to the PC
NOTE: I got this for free since I already had the game and all DLCs. If that free upgrade were not available, I'm not sure I would fork over $40 to play a remake of a game that only came out 5 years ago. If you don't already own Skyrim I would honestly just buy the original game + DLC's and then isntall the best ENB you can find at Skyrim Nexus. It will look way better and their will be many more mods for it, inculding SkyUI which DOES IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON SPECIAL EDITION AND MOST LIKELY WILL NOT BE IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Dealing with the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ old UI is almost enough to make me switch back over to the original game in and off itslef.
Posted November 14, 2016.
This was easily the biggest disappointment for me in the last 5 years of games I’ve played. They hyped it so much as the biggest MMO ever created but in actuality it’s isn’t even close to being that. The game is less than 3 GB's in size (why on earth do the requirements say "10 GB available space"???). Everything is procedurally generated so if you find something and name it, the only thing you or another player will recognize when/if you find it again is the name you gave it. But you’ll never find that planet again anyways as there is no map whatsoever beyond the Hyperdrive map and that is probably the worst in-game map I’ve ever seen. I had only travelled two star systems away and I spent 50 minutes trying to find my way back to the first system and was never able to find it. On top of all that, the game is just plain BORING. The graphics as cool and the gameplay is fun….for the first 5 hours of so, then you realize you have done pretty much everything there is to do and from this point out it is going to be the same thing over and over. Because the planets and animals are all procedurally generated, every desert planet looks the same, every jungle planet looks the same, etc etc. It only took 7 hours for me to say “Nope, not for me, I’m done.”
Another FAIL from Sony, big surprise.
Posted August 29, 2016. Last edited August 29, 2016.
1,016.1 hrs on record
One of my top 5 games. I've logged 1000+ hours since the games launch in 2011.
Note: while I LOVE the crafting (this is actually the first Elder Scrolls game to include full crafting, beyond Oblivion's alchemy and enchanting system that is) I find myself nostalgic for Morrowind. What ruined the open world concept in ES for me was the inclusion of unlimited fast travel. In Morrowind, if you wanted to go to someplace in the wilds, you had to hike there. Getting from city to city was easy enough as you could hop a boat or a silt strider, but actually having to travel to places made the game seem so immense. Starting with Oblivion, the fact that I can just fast travel from wherever I am to whereever I need to go was awesome and addicting at first, but then it dawned on me that the game actually felt smaller now, even though the physical area in the game was much larger. I very much prefer the "rapid transit system" concept over fast travel.
Posted May 12, 2016.
GREAT game. The game world in not as big and in depth as I had hoped for, especially coming from the studio that gave us The Elder Scrolls, a game that specializes in open world exploration and non-linear gameplay. But the ]crafting and settlement building makes up for it. I had never imagined I could do something like that in a AAA RPG game, it's a full game in itself.
Posted May 12, 2016.