Recent reviews by RavagerOfDreams

This really is the best Sandbox game I have ever played. I love this game so much!
The graphics are actually quite good for this style of game, many magnitudes greater than Minecraft.
This game is basically what Minecraft should have been if the devs hadn't been so damn lazy and kept at it rather than swimming in their piles of money and then selling it to Microsoft and getting even richer.
Rising World IS a work in progress, so it's a little rough around the edges at times, but every update makes the game better at overcoming that. It is really quite slick, and now there is water, biomes, wildlife, an ingame map (very helpful when trying to get back home from exploring), and even dungeons!
Dev's, what I REALLY want is seasons.
Idea: 1. have seasons of singnificant length (is matching real world seasons, liek it's winter through the whole real world season of winter, too extreme/annoying? I think it could be kind of cool.)
2. Have the wildlife become more scarce and the plants produce less, or maybe nothing at all. It would make it vital to gather up and store food in the fall in preperation for winter. Maybe even include harvest times, etc.
3. Have the water freeze. Again, it would make it vital to gather and store water. Maybe introduce rare(ish) undergound water sources, and/or wells to allow for year-round water access.
4. Have optional spooky horror themed events and goings on in the winter. That would REALLY float my boat.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK DEVS and THANK YOU!!!
Posted May 7.
It's a decent remake. The graphics look way better, but sadly, a number of user made ENB mods for the original game are far better. How is it that people who work for free somehow always manage to make a better product than a company that makes a profit from it???
I addition to that, I have encountered numerous odd occurances througout Skyrim that must be the result of some sort of glitches. Mostly odd fires emenating from the nowhere, even in midair. Namely I have encountered one on the coast west of Winterhold and one in Solitude in the Castle Dour courtyard. I also have seen a really weird reflection of green light on the ocean that does not seem to have any discernable source; As you approach the reflection it fades away.
However the worst bugs so far have been quest related. For instance, the Hold favor quests that culimate in a Thanehood; if you achieve the Thanehood before finishg one or more of the quests, the quest says active in your Journal but the quest is no longer avaiable as a map marker and the relevant conversation options disappear. Also the quest <SPOILER ALERT> Blood on the Ice is heavily glitched. When I first entered Windhelm and went to the graveyard at midnight the quest failed to trigger. I tried to use the console commands to force it and that did not work. It looks like the setstage command is broken, when I look up the stage of any quest they are always at 0 (not active) no matter what. I left and came back after hitting level 17 and it triggered. NOTE the game had been patched a couple times in between attempts. BUT it still is bugged, this time, after investigating the abandoned house, finding the amulet, going to Viola, and then taking the amulet straight to Wulfharth the court wizard (I know who the real killer is, I have played this numerous times) the quest fails to activate the final stage where you patrol the Stone District streets at night to catch the killer. It looks like the quest is expecting the player to take a particualr approach to the quest even though it is a non-linear quest with multiple approches. This quest has been known to be randomly buggy since the launch of Skyrim. It is kind of a shame Bethesda did not at least try to iron out some of these known issues for th remaster.
Pros: Good graphical enhancements
Cons: bugs, some of them new ones; graphical enhancements could have been much better with available tech; nothing new, not even an improved UI; repertedly the audio in the console versions is even worse than the original, but that doesn't pertain to the PC
NOTE: I got this for free since I already had the game and all DLCs. If that free upgrade were not available, I'm not sure I would fork over $40 to play a remake of a game that only came out 5 years ago. If you don't already own Skyrim I would honestly just buy the original game + DLC's and then isntall the best ENB you can find at Skyrim Nexus. It will look way better and their will be many more mods for it, inculding SkyUI which DOES IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON SPECIAL EDITION AND MOST LIKELY WILL NOT BE IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Dealing with the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ old UI is almost enough to make me switch back over to the original game in and off itslef.
Posted November 14, 2016.
This was easily the biggest disappointment for me in the last 5 years of games I’ve played. They hyped it so much as the biggest MMO ever created but in actuality it’s isn’t even close to being that. The game is less than 3 GB's in size (why on earth do the requirements say "10 GB available space"???). Everything is procedurally generated so if you find something and name it, the only thing you or another player will recognize when/if you find it again is the name you gave it. But you’ll never find that planet again anyways as there is no map whatsoever beyond the Hyperdrive map and that is probably the worst in-game map I’ve ever seen. I had only travelled two star systems away and I spent 50 minutes trying to find my way back to the first system and was never able to find it. On top of all that, the game is just plain BORING. The graphics as cool and the gameplay is fun….for the first 5 hours of so, then you realize you have done pretty much everything there is to do and from this point out it is going to be the same thing over and over. Because the planets and animals are all procedurally generated, every desert planet looks the same, every jungle planet looks the same, etc etc. It only took 7 hours for me to say “Nope, not for me, I’m done.”
Another FAIL from Sony, big surprise.
Posted August 29, 2016. Last edited August 29, 2016.
1,016.1 hrs on record
One of my top 5 games. I've logged 1000+ hours since the games launch in 2011.
Note: while I LOVE the crafting (this is actually the first Elder Scrolls game to include full crafting, beyond Oblivion's alchemy and enchanting system that is) I find myself nostalgic for Morrowind. What ruined the open world concept in ES for me was the inclusion of unlimited fast travel. In Morrowind, if you wanted to go to someplace in the wilds, you had to hike there. Getting from city to city was easy enough as you could hop a boat or a silt strider, but actually having to travel to places made the game seem so immense. Starting with Oblivion, the fact that I can just fast travel from wherever I am to whereever I need to go was awesome and addicting at first, but then it dawned on me that the game actually felt smaller now, even though the physical area in the game was much larger. I very much prefer the "rapid transit system" concept over fast travel.
Posted May 12, 2016.
GREAT game. The game world in not as big and in depth as I had hoped for, especially coming from the studio that gave us The Elder Scrolls, a game that specializes in open world exploration and non-linear gameplay. But the ]crafting and settlement building makes up for it. I had never imagined I could do something like that in a AAA RPG game, it's a full game in itself.
Posted May 12, 2016.
Good game, get's a bit lonely at times, but you have a companion of sorts in Delilah, another fire spotter who keeps tabs on you and talks with you over the radio. I was hoping for a more open world and a more engaging role playing experience but this game is still plenty of fun. It is more of a story driven narrative than a game whre you make real decisions. If you want an edgier less casual experience with a truly open world, horror survival elements, and world exploration and crime/mystery investigation, as well as a creepy paranormal/supernatural vibe, play Kona. That game is much better if that's what your looking for.
P.S. The voice acting is superb in this game, as is the writing.
Posted May 12, 2016.
Only played for an hour or so, but already in love. This is what I was hoping for with Firewatch. Firewatch is great, don't get me wrong, but Kona is way better. If you've played Firewatch, imagine a similar game, but much less casual, with more mystery and suspense, sometimes bordering on panic, paranoia, and downright terror. Survival is a key element, along with investigative elements, and some supernatural/paranormal stuff too. Oh, and it takes place in a open world like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (another similar game) and there is the mother of all blizzards going on around you.
I can tell I am going to spend a LOT of time on this. :)
Posted May 1, 2016.
This program has major compatibility issues with Windows 8.1 and above, especially it seems if you are using ClassicShell or another similar start menu replacement program. It crashes often, and just today i restarted the computer, DF crashed on restart, and switched my primary display to my secondary monitor, lost all my pinned programs and moved the saved desktop icons and their positions to the other monitor. Ive had this problem for months now, but no fix is in sight. Does Binary Fotrtess just not care?
UPDATE
I completely uninstalled DisplayFusion, uninstalled ClassicShell, and installed another similar program called Start Menu X. I ran Windows updates, unistalled the video driver (Nvidia 780 GTX), and installed the lastest driver. Finally, I reinstalled DisplayFusion. This time, during installation, I got a popup i had not seen before about recommending to turn off the default Winodws 8.1 multi-monitor taskbar as that can cause problems. I clicked on yes, turn it off, and so far have not had the same issues I was having before. Windows 8.1 still acts really funky when I throw my 42" 4K TV into the mix, but that seems to be more of a Window issue than a DisplayFusion issue. I have to make the 4K TV the only active monitor if I want to use it with the computer, otherwise it flips out and puts half the desktop on the TV and the other half on one of the other monitors. Oh well.
Posted April 22, 2016. Last edited April 30, 2016.
This game is so awesome!
Picture a 3D Minecraftish game, but not ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, and with hq graphics and an excellent top quality soundtrack; a game that allows you to build castles, fortifications, siege engines, and other structures and mechanisms; a game that allows you to, if you so wish, invite freinds to help you build the castles and then defend thyem, either from AI controlled "barbarians" or from other PvP players. It is all that.
You can spawn AI-controlled bots to defend and also to repair (woodcutters, miners, porters, etc).
I highly recommend this game.
Addendum: Medieval Engineers is in Alpha, so there will be some glitches here and there. For instance, the game locks up for a period of 5-15 seconds every 10-20 minutes, but i have never had it actually crash. Also, debris (rocks, logs, branches, wood fragments, etc) is supposed to automatically clear away after a set amount of time, but so far for me it has never done this. I have to go around and remove that by focusing on them and doing (ctrl+x). The removal of debris is necessary becuase you cannot build a new block if there is debris in the way. Just be sure not to use ctrl+x to remove a block/component that is joined to your main structure or you will delete your whole castle :(
Posted June 29, 2015.