Recent reviews by RenoJackson

It has it's quirks (wonky running animations, combat system is meh) but overall it's super enjoyable so far!

I bought this game because it got posted in a Discord I'm in and I'm pretty happy I found it.
Posted November 8, 2017.
Easily one of my favorite games of all time. This game has it all, a gripping story, insane character customization options, over the top missions (Pony cart race comes to mind), humor and one hell of a soundtrack.

I highly recommend this game.
Posted December 29, 2016.
Friends told me to get this game when it went on sale (I think it was around $7.50) and I figured "Why not?" since it got rave reviews and seemed pretty popular.

Overall, I wasn't overly impressed with the game. I personally felt the story missions were pretty lackluster and weren't that fun and building a custom prison gets kind of boring after the first few times.

That being said, I do see why people love this game. It runs smoothly on seemingly any system and people may be more creative than I am and have more inspiration to make incredibly large and creative prisons, but this game wasn't my cup of tea.
Posted November 29, 2016.
It's an early access game and it shows right now. Stuff is incomplete but the bugs are mostly minor and haven't affected gameplay as much.

That being said, main issue early on is leveling. Tutorial does a decent job bringing you up to speed at getting you to level 2. However, the first person you meet out of the tutorial gives you a quest involving level 6+ enemies so it's kind of frustrating to an extent and leveling isn't super easy in this game.

Plays very well otherwise and I'm looking forward to more.
Posted October 19, 2016.
One of the best games I've played in quite some time.

Obviously dealing with people in Solo-queue can be frustrating, but it teaches you how to become a more rounded player when you realize by round seven you're the only person not buying an AWP whenever they can.

It's fun to play with friends, competitive or just to mess around, and I highly recommend picking this game up when it goes on sale.
Posted June 12, 2016.
My first review of XCOM (at around like 14 or so hours) was negative, but I gave it another chance and had a change of heart.

I do enjoy this game quite a bit now that I've finally figured out and got it through my head that you aren't supposed to easily win, and that the game is supposed to be a challenge from beginning to end. The storyline is fantastic, the gameplay is simple but still delivers a fun experience.

Obviously is may not take you as long to "git gud" like it took me, but I'm thankful I stuck with it because XCOM has become one of my favorite games.
Posted June 11, 2016.
The ultimate game for when you just want to have fun with friends and screw around.

The game combines excellent storytelling with large amounts of humour mixed in (Here's looking at you Butt-Stallion) and comes with a large replay ability.

Still an incredible game.
Posted February 15, 2016.
This game is easily one of the best games that I've ever played. The storyline is incredibly well developed and planned out creating an amazing experience that is enjoyable several times over. The characters are colorful and all have their own distinctive personalities to prevent the game from getting bland.

The Modding community is wonderful as well, whether it's getting LOTR Armor mods or downloading an entire new campaign in Falskaar, the mods just add even more game time to the experience.

Highly reccomend to anyone that wants to play one of the best crafted games in a while.
Posted February 15, 2016.
As someone who is absolutely horrified of animatronics (thanks automatonophobia) I decided that I would make the logical decision to buy and play this game.

I literally cannot get past the first night because the atmosphere of the game is perfection as it makes you feel insanely creeped out knowing death could come at any moment, and my anxiety from my fear always gets the better of me and I hit "ESC" before Night One finishes.

Despite me being a whiny ♥♥♥♥♥, I recommend it because it's actually horrifying.
Posted January 20, 2016.
One more turn they said.

I'll only play another 10 minutes they said.
Posted May 13, 2015.