[AU]Terry Wrist: i mean there is lame and then there is lamearena
LameArena TFC #0 - 22.214.171.124:27015
Welcome to LameArena, a place for those who wish to escape from the GameArena experience. The GameArena experience can be described as a small mapcycle composed mostly of the standard Valve maps. It is also quite common to be able to play all the maps on the mapcycle in one gaming session. This is quintessentially the GameArena experience.
LameArena is a word play on GameArena, its really what I think of GameArena. Yes I do enjoy playing on GameArena TFC #2 however playing the same maps over and over again and in the same order can cause boredom. Enter the LameArena where custom maps(and even some standards) are all the rage.
A truly international server with people regularly connecting from Australia[AU], Singapore[SG], Philippines[PH], Japan[JP], Hong Kong[HK], United Kingdom[GB], Austria[AT], and of course the United States[US].
On your whirlwind tour while you are playing on LameArena you will be vising some international locations in both place and time:
* Visit Osaka, Japan - Only one stronghold remains against the unification of Japan... Osaka Castle. The Ii, loyal retainers of the Tokugawa, must take the castle by force. Opposing them are the warriors of the Goto family. The Ii must be stopped... The Goto must be destroyed...
* While travelling on the train in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA your train has a problem and disconnects from the engine! You and your friends are sent speeding down the track without any brakes! What better time to start a game of capture the flag!
* Visit the Italian coastal fortress town of Palermo located by the sea side. Listen to the tranquil sound of the waves and for the sounds of the local bird life. Look out to the sea and enjoy the views but don't stand too close to the edge of the town walls otherwise you might fall in and I don't think you will be able to swim while holding your trusty weapons.
* Travelling within North Africa you will see several Berber fortresses or Ksour dotted throughout the land. Generally known for containing a well, a market, a granery and a mosque, the Ksour are well known features of the landscape in countries such as Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria. But you won't have time to inspect the rugs for sale in the marketplace you will have to either Attack or Defend and then switch sides once the attacking team has captured all 4 command points which are set within a moroccan K'sour.
* Go back in time to when the Greeks were besieging the city of Troy... The Greek siege of Troy had lasted for ten years. The Greeks devised a new ruse: a giant hollow wooden horse. It was built by Epeius and filled with Greek warriors led by Odysseus. The rest of the Greek army appeared to leave, but actually hid behind Tenedos. Meanwhile, a Greek spy, Sinon, convinced the Trojans that the horse was a gift despite the warnings of Laocoon and Cassandra; Helen and Deiphobus even investigated the horse. In ancient times it was customary for a defeated general to surrender his horse to the victorious general in a sign of respect. Now that the Trojans have opened their city gates to accept the gift horse the siege on the city of Troy can begin... Will the Trojans wake from their drunken stupor in time to defend the city from the cunning Greeks or will the Greek warriors overrun Troy to pillage the city ruthlessly, kill all the men, and take all the women and children into slavery?
Keep an eye out for LameArena TFC #0 in your server browser.
Join the LameArena group and keep track of when the server comes online.