Posted: Jul 6 @ 9:47pm
Updated: Sep 14 @ 5:54pm

MY REVIEW WILL BE FOR THE GAME PRICED AT $5
In light of the fact most reviews for this game have been negative (due mostly to developer abandonment) I had extremely low expectations for this game. I should note that I was able to purchase this game for $5 with a steam sale. Now after playing the game for over 10 hours I have decided this game needed some perspective.

WHY DID I VOTE THIS DOWN?
Simply because I believe it is overpriced at $20 for the content and quality (or lack thereof) of content you receive. Simple put, this game has been abandoned by it's developers, it's not complete and is therefore not worth more than $5. The rest of my review is for a $5 game.

OVERPRICED GAME
As I have already stated, since the developers seem done improving this game, I don't believe the game is worth more than $5 in its current state. The main reason is its age. This is a dated game with minimal features compared with today's standards in games. If you can get at a low cost, it's probably worth it.

WILL YOU LIKE THIS GAME?
I think it mostly depends on you. Everyone is different so it depends on what types of games you enjoy playing. If you find yourself still interested after you have read this review AND can get it for a low price, I would recommend it.

THE GAME'S GOT NOSTALGIC CHARM:
If you have ever played Police Quest from the 1990's, this game reminds me of an open world, updated version of that with some tweaks. I enjoy the old 1990's sim style games which this game vastly improves upon. For me this game is a simpler form of Police Quest III: The Kindred without the story-line or the updated vehicle abilities. For me, Nostalgia is the biggest reason for why this game is fun to play and definitely worth my time.

GRAPHICS:
The graphics are NOT the latest and the greatest but it gets the job done, especially if you like nostalgia police sim games. The sounds of the police car siren are great and the lighting options are nice! I have found the game as a whole a relaxing break from the usual high energy, fast paced shootout style games of today. In this game, you are given the choice of patrolling at leisure which involves random police procedures and also given choices to participate or ignore missions and calls as they occur.

SOME GAME TWEAKING/MODDING IS POSSIBLE:
What many reviewers have failed to note is that this game can be tweaked (ability to change in game costs, money, levels etc.) in the source file folder which makes this game slightly better (and playable) especially if you like messing with settings. Many of the annoying game limitations (such as time on duty and off) and other event/callouts settings can be altered!

KNOWN GAME PROBLEMS AND THINGS TO BE AWARE OF:
Be aware that there some noticeable graphical bugs in the game although I haven't experienced any complete game crashes yet.

The AI car speed is too slow (30mph) and vehicle steering mechanics are not very good especially if compared with modern driving games.
Cars will get stuck at intersections causing wrecks, your personal car can lock up if you try to use the siren/lights and sometimes people will appear to respond until a correct procedural order is followed according the game requirements. In my experience this didn't occur often but it can become frustrating trying to get someone to get out of their car or to get them to stop their car.

MORE ITEMS OF INTEREST AND ENHANCEMENTS THAT WOULD IMPROVE THE GAME:
Sometimes an AI person will shoot at you but since aiming can be difficult you will be shot. A better aiming system could be implemented (a further aiming shooting ability) would help with this.
The actual game city is quite small and bland (no people actually inside the buildings). The city could be expanded or even have multiple cities which would make this game greater.
It is worth noting that there is quite a bit of terrain to cover now.

The police station cannot really be entered. Entering a police station and exploring it would make this game even better.
The game doesn't have fast travel capabilities as modern games do (unless you use the taxi off duty only).
The map could be integrated instead of broken up into sections.
AI driving needs improvement.
There should be other police cars, more random AI traffic and less people walking around.
Ability to customize character (skin color, person, clothes,uniform) would enhance the game even more.
There should be a police backup option.
Full Xbox controller support TOGETHER WITH the keyboard would help. (Although there are ways around this through third party controller apps)

There are many more possible improvements for Enforcer but as it stands as a low budget Indie game I have enjoyed what it offers at the $5 price point.