Posted: Jan 22, 2016 @ 10:08am
Updated: Jan 22, 2016 @ 3:30pm

Pythagoria is an interesting brain-teasing puzzle game with a clear look and great puzzles.
If this review is too long for you, I suggest you to only read the first paragraph about the game's content and the final verdict at the end.

What is happening in the game:
There are three sets of with 20 puzzles each. You are given a bunch of widths, lengths and areas, which help you with finding out the answer to the puzzle. This game requires some brains, time and knowledge, but it's nothing you couldn't solve without the use of a calculator.

• Interesting Puzzles | You can see on Store page screenshots what kind of puzzles this game includes. You have to calculate areas and edges with given information. This game kind of has two difficulties, which you can set with by following certain rules. If you want it hard, you can do it without fractions and if that's too hard for you, just solve it in any way you can and you'll still have fun.
  • Write and Erase | On the right of the game screen, you have two buttons: one to erase and one to write. This is really helpful if you can't or don't want to remember all edges you got so far. I tried to memorise them all and it wasn't hard in most cases, but sometimes it's just too much. That's when these two tools come in handy. You can also write your calculations, if you want to.
  • Music | Pythagoria has a very nice calming soundtrack that fits to the game well. There are a few different songs to prevent you from getting bored from only one track.
  • Simplistic Look | As you can see on the screenshots, the layout is very clear and simplistic, which really looks great. There are also a few different colours of levels just to cheer things up.
  • Kind Developer | This is not a thing I mention often, but he really is kind. I was talking to him in a while and this is the kind of people we need in gaming industry. He is also active on the Community Hub.
  • Gameplay Time and Pricing | This offers about 3 hours of gameplay and for $2, I think this is a really good deal. And I think there is some replay value, since you forget at least some of the earlier levels.

• SteamOS and MacOS Support | So far, you can only train your brains on Windows.
  • Help Section | In my opinion, it's not helpful enough in some cases. Some equations would come in handy, especially in some harder levels.

The final verdict:
Pythagoria is a really nice game for training your brains and having fun, if you're into math. I think that the difficulty is just high enough for an average player and if you want, you can also make the game harder for yourself by not writing down stuff and so on.
There used to be a problem with some levels and not being able to complete them, but this appears to be resolved now, so I really can recommend this game, especially for $2.

Note that my copy of this game was obtained for free for reviewing purposes. However, this did not affect the quality and objectivity of this review.

No drama, Just Reviews.