Posted: Jun 15, 2015 @ 5:35am
Updated: Jul 11, 2015 @ 10:54am

Crash Drive 2 is a fun racing game with a neat multiplayer built-in. Racing is easy, enjoyable, the maps are big and there are really only minor flaws which shouldn't break your gameplay experience.
Enough talk, let's get to the pros and cons:

Pros:
  • A nice cartoonish art style
  • A lot of game modes and areas
  • Many different vehicles with different advantages and disadvantages
  • Random events occur in mid-game that encourage players to compete
  • Levels are huge and even include secret areas!
  • System requirements are low. No more problems with friends with bad computers!
  • This game also supports Linux and MacOS, which is a huge plus for some people
  • Full controller support
  • Trading Cards, achievements and even leaderboards!
  • It's cheap + you get an extra copy when you buy the game!

Cons:
  • You can fall off the map. They tried to make it fun with an achievement, but this is still not a nice bug. It's not a big deal, though.
  • The graphic menu is really hard to reach. At first, I didn't think there even are any options for graphics. Then I found that there are written instructions on how to change the resolution and quality. After you press "Play" on Steam, you have to hold the Shift button until the menu appears. It is a classic Unity graphics menu, which is fine.
  • There is only one option to upgrade the car: to the highest level. There are literally two options: normal and maximally upgraded. However, upgrading cars is not the point of the game. No biggie.
  • Camera angles can sometimes be a bit funny as you can't control your point of view with your mouse. But only happens when you are making sudden 180° turns.

The final verdict:
The point of this game is not to be mentally fulfilled and inspired, but to have fun. And this is really well done. The only thing I missed is easy access to the graphic menu, but you really only need to do that once. Once I have set things up properly, there were no game-breaking bugs or anything illogical happening. I can see myself playing this for a lot of hours. The community is active right now and I hope it doesn't start to lose players.

Greetings,
BirdCute

Note that my copy of this game was obtained for free for reviewing purposes. However, this did not affect the quality and objectivity of this review.

---
If you liked this review or want to see more recommended games, be sure to follow our curator group: Follow Original Curator Group
Developer response:
M2H_Mike  [developer] Posted: Jun 18, 2015 @ 1:37pm
Thanks for the review!
ck6vm0u.4 Jun 16, 2015 @ 6:10am
I think the game is pretty good overall , some small seasonal need to improve
edo Jun 15, 2015 @ 12:17pm
It supports many platforms, but the lack of SteamCloud is a big disappointment, once you will uninstall it you will loose all the progress. Other that that the game is fun.