Posted: Jul 18, 2015 @ 6:30am
Updated: Jul 18, 2015 @ 6:31am

Woolfe - The Red Hood Diaries is an interesting adventure game that takes some of the characters from the well-known tale Little Red Riding Hood. This game sends you to an unforgettable journey to avenge Hood's parents.
If this review is too long for you, I suggest you to only read the first paragraph about the game's content and the final verdict at the end.

What is happening in the game:
Red Riding Hood has lost both of her parents and now, grown up and strong, seeks revenge. With her axe, she slays everyone who stands in her way. The bad guys is B.B. Woolfe, a CEO of a big corporation, who is also involved in a series of disappearances of young girls.

Pros:
  • The graphics are really good. Don't expect to see the same thing as in screenshots (which look unrealistically good), but the art is still very good-looking.
  • I really love the voice acting. The enthusiasm in the woman's voice really fits the story and the character of Hood itself.
  • The story is simple and, on moments, really deep and heart-touching.
  • The atmosphere in this game is really amazing. The surroundings and the soundtrack blend together perfectly with the story. Magical.
  • I know this is appealing to some people, so I'm just gonna mention it: this game is suitable for speedrunning.
  • It's not a big thing, but if Hood is telling a story and you die, she doesn't stop talking. In some other games, characters usually start over.
  • By discovering hidden W symbols, you also unlock diary pages, which are pretty interesting.
  • Red Riding Hood looks awesome!

Cons:
  • Fighting system is kind of bland. You can pretty much do everything just by mashing the A button and pointing to where you want to hit with your axe. It's still fun, but it's too easy.
  • At certain points of the story, there will be rhymes. But they're not always present, just for a few verses and then normal story again. And these rhymes are mostly imperfect, which is (for me) annoying.
  • I don't like the shape of the health bar as it is sometimes misrepresenting your actual health. If you're not used to it, you may sometimes be surprised when you see you're low on health.
  • Another game with no MacOS and Linux support. What a shame.

The final verdict:
Some people say there is not enough content in this game for 10$. I don't really agree with that as my experience with this game was really good. The story is really nice and the whole games has a great atmosphere. The visuals, music and voice acting combine together into a marvellous experience.
I highly recommend it. If you're not willing to pay that much for a 3-4 hour game, I really suggest buying it on a sale.

Greetings,
BirdCute

Note that my copy of this game was obtained for free for reviewing purposes. However, this did not affect the quality and objectivity of this review.

---
If you liked this review or want to see more recommended games, be sure to follow our curator group: Follow Original Curator Group