Posted: Oct 4, 2015 @ 1:54pm
Updated: Oct 4, 2015 @ 1:56pm

Next Car Game: Wreckfest is an Early Access racing simulator with advanced crashing simulating and exciting races.
If this review is too long for you, I suggest you to only read the first paragraph about the game's content and the final verdict at the end.

What is happening in the game:
There multiple game modes, multiple cars and customizations. You can race, or crash other people to death. It's up to you, what to do.

Pros:
  • Many Game Modes | You have plenty of game modes to enjoy, including Last Man Standing, Deathmatch, Elimination Race and others. More will come, in case you will get bored of them somehow.
  • Online Multiplayer | There are online servers you can find and play with your friends, if you so desire.
  • Different Vehicles | At the moment, there are seven cars in this game. They are not too different from one another, but it's gonna get a lot more diverse.
  • Multiple Maps | Maps are already great in my opinion, you get to race in small laps, in an arena, on a dusty road and many more.
  • Engine Capabilities | Collisions and their results look astonishingly good. Also, you don't just look crashed, driving the car is also influenced by that. Feels great, until you destroy your car so much that you can't even move!
  • Driving Experience | Driving is smooth and very enjoyable, it feels pretty real. I can say that this is one of the most optimised parts of the game.

Cons:
  • Updating the Game | If you take a quick glance at the Discussions section of NCG:W's Community, you will soon notice that this game is updated way too slowly. I mean, although the content is good and plenty, this game lacks of some crucial things. Cars have upgrade menus, but few or nothing in them for choosing. It makes the game feel hollow more than it actually is. It's kinda sad, actually.
  • Some Options | For event weather, you get to choose between "Random" and "Clear weather". And this is not the only example. I know this is EA, but they could at least remove Random until they add more weather conditions.
  • Steam and OS Support | This is another thing that this game fails at. There are no achievements or trading cards and you can only play it on Windows.

The final verdict:
Although the negative sides are pretty bad, I had a lot of fun playing this and, if the rumours are correct, there will be a big update out pretty soon. The crashing is super fun and it is interesting to observe all of the effects on your car. Play it with your friends and you will have some good laughs!

Greetings,
BirdCute

Note that my copy of this game was obtained for free for reviewing purposes. However, this did not affect the quality and objectivity of this review.

---
If you liked this review or want to see more recommended games, be sure to follow our curator group: Follow Original Curator Group
Lone_Wolf Feb 12, 2016 @ 9:24am
Yep, there were a couple major updates as well as some minor gameplay improvements. Keep up the good work! Cheers!
BirdCute Feb 12, 2016 @ 9:14am
I'll try to find some time to check it out, thanks for telling!
Lone_Wolf Feb 12, 2016 @ 6:46am
Hey Bird you ought to update this. I'm a huge fan of this game and have been following it since day one, and there's a bunch of things that could be elaborated on.
BirdCute Oct 26, 2015 @ 6:17am
I know people say that this game is really really incomplete, but it really does have a lot of content already included. It does not offer variety, however, so that gives us players a feeling that there is a lack of something.
TRU±Neutral Oct 4, 2015 @ 2:14pm
Hm it sounds like most of the issues are the kinds of things that are just due to an early development phase. Hopefully these areas get attention, because you made it sound pretty good! Good review Bird!