Arma 2 PUG Group
About the Group
A place for players to join in on COOP and scheduled COOP events.
This sorta thing is new to the ARMA community. Because of the complexity of ARMA and the lack of JIP campaigns it's often hard to get in a mission with a bunch of friends or organize a populated COOP mission. A2PUG will allow members to schedule events (when scheduling events be sure to include links to the campaign to be played, mods needed, islands needed, voice servers being used, server name, server password etc.) and others will be able to see these events publically.
A2PUG is NOT a Squad... it's simply a bunch of ARMA 2 fans/gamers who want to join in on quick matches. Being a part of the group means no commitment - you don't need special priviledges to start an event, you don't need to go through "special" training... just start an event and go!
Events will be moderated by group moderators so don't post stupid useless events for the sake of being an idiot.
Group is invite only - you don't need to JOIN the group to view the events. If you wish to be invited to the group feel free to email me at email@example.com
Event Posting Criteria
The following outlines how to post an event to the A2PUG Group. Only members of the group can publish events, however, because of this feature members of the group can also delete other peoples events. We are going to have to work on a system of trust - if this doesn't work out then this permission set will be removed. Basically don't invite people to the group you don't trust.
1. Click Schedule an event on the right side
2. Choose an event name. The name should be the name of the campaign. I.E. Cipher Co-10
3. Choose Event Type as Play a Game
4. Choose the Game as Arma 2
5. Set the name of the Server to be used. Most events are hosted on local machines by the event coordinator. If you cannot host a server for whatever reason please put N/A and note that you are looking for a participant to host a server
6. Set the server password (if there is one)
7. In the Description include the following: Mods to be used (this includes things such as ACE, ACEX, islands, and other required mods), campaign link (a link to download the campaign/mission), maximum amount of players allowed (I.E. Coop 10), Voice server to be used (if you have a teamspeak list it here, if you want to use skype list your skype username, or if you just want to use ingame voice that's fine too), anything else you can think to include.
8. Set the start time of the event
Please note that officers of the group may edit your event to include material not stated above. Members of the group can also post questions in the comments or post that they will be attending. Most events are "First come first serve" but the event poster can also include an attendance list in the post if he/she wants to be more specific.