STEAM GROUP
Translators' Lounge STSL
STEAM GROUP
Translators' Lounge STSL
41
IN-GAME
194
ONLINE
Founded
December 22, 2010
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
guurgle May 24 @ 10:03am
Language groups and applications
This is a list of all official, unreleased and petitioning languages and their appropriate translators' groups. Something missing or you created a new group to petition for a language? Post a comment and we will gladly update the list.

Official languages (27)¹
Brazilian
Bulgarian
Czech
Danish
Dutch
Finnish
French
German
Greek
Hungarian
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Norwegian
Polish
Portuguese
Romanian
Russian
Spanish
Swedish
Simplified Chinese
Traditional Chinese
Thai
Turkish
Ukrainian
Vietnamese

Unreleased languages (1)
The following languages are currently being translated and are to be added to the official list of Steam languages. You can help out with their translation now; for more information, check out the group's description and visit the Steam Translation Server.
Pirate²

Petitioning languages (13)
Many languages have not made it to Steam yet. If you think your native language should become an official Steam language, feel free to create a group and get a movement in your language's community going, so that Valve knows that there are people that would voluntarily help to translate Steam into your native language. If you are lucky, your language might be added to Steam one day.
Afrikaans
Arabic
Belarusian
Bosnian
Croatian
Galician
Khmer
Icelandic
Indonesian
Irish
Latvian
Lithuanian
Macedonian
Mongolian
Persian
Serbian
Valencian

¹ including English
² Pirate may actually never be released on Steam as an official language.
Last edited by guurgle; Oct 15 @ 11:06pm
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
coegho May 24 @ 12:45pm 
Hello,
We propose to add galician language to the list. It's the native and official language from Galicia (sometimes called Galiza), an autonomous community located in northwestern Spain.
We tried to propose this translation on the forums long time ago, but they are now inactive.
This is our group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GalicianTranslations

And here you can find some aditional information about our language:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galician_language

We have already translated all steam files in the /resources folder.

PD: Sorry about my bad english, it's not my first language.
guurgle May 24 @ 1:12pm 
I've added Galician to the list, thanks!
Hello,
I propose to add valencian language. The native and official language from Comunidad Valenciana (Called Valencian Community in english), an autonomous community located in west Spain.

Group info:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ValencianTranslation

And here you can find the information about Valencian Language
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valencian
Last edited by ЧhopoЧhopo98; May 29 @ 7:20am
guurgle May 30 @ 7:44am 
Thanks! I have also added Valencian to the list. You should try to find some people who'd like to help you, or are generally interested in a Valencian translation of Steam.
Hello,
I've just started the Irish translation group, first language of Ireland, but I'm not sure what to do from here in terms of actual translating.
Here is the group; http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IrishTranslation
And here is the wiki; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_language
I'm currently letting people know about it, could you please add it to the list?
guurgle Aug 17 @ 7:35am 
Originally posted by SasanaighAmach:
Hello,
I've just started the Irish translation group, first language of Ireland, but I'm not sure what to do from here in terms of actual translating.
Here is the group; http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IrishTranslation
And here is the wiki; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_language
I'm currently letting people know about it, could you please add it to the list?
Sorry for the late reply. I've added it to the list.
Last edited by guurgle; Aug 17 @ 7:36am
Hello
I propose to add Mongolian language (Монгол хэл). The native and official language from Mongolia , an autonomous community located in Asia.
Our group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MongolianTranslations
information about Mongolian language: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_language
Could you please add it to the list?
guurgle Aug 31 @ 6:17am 
Originally posted by Баттулга:
Hello
I propose to add Mongolian language (Монгол хэл). The native and official language from Mongolia , an autonomous community located in Asia.
Our group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MongolianTranslations
information about Mongolian language: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_language
Could you please add it to the list?
Thanks! I've added it to the list.
Hello,
I've just started the khmer translation group, The language of cambodia ! and i already translate 1 of 3 of steam resource ! i hope my language can be on steam !
This is our group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/khmertranslation
information about khmer language:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_language
I hope you can add it to the list ! thank you very much !
guurgle Oct 15 @ 11:07pm 
Originally posted by The Drug Dealer:
Hello,
I've just started the khmer translation group, The language of cambodia ! and i already translate 1 of 3 of steam resource ! i hope my language can be on steam !
This is our group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/khmertranslation
information about khmer language:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_language
I hope you can add it to the list ! thank you very much !
Thanks, I've added it!
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 15 30 50