An update from Werewolf
As we all know, I only ever annouce 3 things though this group:
- TF2 Updates and how they have/will broken the servers
- New events
- Map updates
Well today I am doing ALL 3
!.... wait, what!?
Servers down because they wont update
I've been trying to update the servers, but they refuse to update. Now for once I'm not going to take all the responcibilty for this one. Snaggle had been working on the servers during the week and had PM'd me saying:
- I've setup Firedaemon to run SteamCMD for updates when the servers first start. So if you close one of the servers, it will run SteamCMD before it starts and check if there is an update.
Guess what didn't happen! I tell the servers to restart (thinking they will update) and they tell me "Server version out of date, please update your server."
Like, no s***, thats why I asked you to update.
As Snaggle is the one who is more up-to-date with the new Steampipe TF2 updating malarky, I leave this to him to fix. I really dont do this often, but blame Snaggle for this
The return of an event we did last year. And we forgot about. As in, we dicussed doing it again at the same time we did it last year, except Steampipe got in thr way and and we forgot about it.....
WELL, give us a couple of day to get things in order and the ???????? will be under way!
There is a beta of Hammer (the mapping program in Source SDK out and its..... betaery. Like, it seems a bit of a rushed job to make it compatible with Steampipe, but not a full proper conversion. The mapping community has also found a couple of other work arounds to certain issues which all in all means, mapping is sorta
The 2 maps I am keen to get updated vesions released for are Achievement_Factory_v2a
. I can't at this point say when either will arrive due to how buggy the new hammer.exe is, but the fact there is something
usable, I am very tempted to give it a try anyway.
Who snuck this in?! Ok, some minor bits of news, which most revolves around 3 of our admins, myself included.
- Werewolf's new PC - Yes I just used 3rd person there. Anyway, I have finally brought a new PC to replace my 6 year old and often repaired PC. If you are curious, I posted the specs on the Gmod forums HERE. However, for the next 2-3 days I wont be on Steam/TF2 properly while various programs update and/or download. Funny thing is, I was not expecting the delivery till Thurs 23rd May, but it arrived today (Friday 17th) so most of this weekend will be me sat doing the above mentioned downloading/updating/installing.
- Commander Phoenix has no internet - His router blew up. No, I'm not kidding, it litterally blew up. He is waiting on a replacement from his ISP, but for a few days he will not be on much, if at all
- Travis taking some leave to focus on Uni work - Just like I did last year, Travis is taking some time off to focus on his uni work. Anyone who has been to a UK uni knows that April/May is basically exam time for all students, so it's little guess what Travis is doing. If you see him, wish him luck, but chances are he wont be on much either.