Give me change or death!
The melee in NW is not living up to it's full potential, and accordingly those of us who are passionate about melee want things to change for the better, while people may disagree about the finer details everyone agrees that the melee needs some sort of overhaul, here is a list with things we find to be harming melee:
1) The over all feel of melee is as if it was a drunken brawl, it lacks precision and consitancy.
2) The number of stabs failing to pierce ending up in a stub/poke/whiff/glance is too high and random.
3) The overhead stab is poorly implemented with a hitbox that is not matching the animation as well as different calculations than the seemingly equal downstab.
4) The animations around feinting and moving between up and down attacks are very unpolished resulting in a system where it's neigh impossible to know what the enemy is doing until very late into the stab.
5) Tap-blocking has been unexplicably removed which hurts the speed and precision of combat.
6) Ovearhead stab chambers are blockable, despite carrying the same risk as a down stab chamber. Downstab chambers have also lost some of it's utility.
7) Swords are stunned too often meaning that swords are somtimes reduced to blocking only.
8) The melee damage of rifles used as clubs is unwarrantedly high.
All on NW is good except the melee, its like a flight simulation without flying, it should be arcade again!
These are just some of the issues that are outlined here. And some of them may be controversial and as such solutions to them will be even more controversial, nevertheless, if you feel like giving some input please join the discussion at http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,231452.msg5537105.html#msg5537105