Steam Greenlight
☯︎ Xalty Oct 28, 2016 @ 12:16am
minecraft
why there is no minecraft here on steam ?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Gorlom[Swe] Oct 28, 2016 @ 2:04am 
Because Microsoft bought minecraft. Valve doesn't own microsoft and therefor doesn't own minecraft. Ergo they can't put the game on Steam without microsofts permission.
Unless you own both minecraft AND steam there is no point (benefit) in putting it on Steam, as it would just be handing over free money to whomever owns Steam. :(
Minecraft is so well known and pulls in customers on its own to the degree that you wouldn't get any noticeble increased sales by having it on Steam, yet you would still have to pay part of the profit to Valve for having the game in their store, resulting in a net loss.

I believe this has been explained in the dussin or so threads on this topic already. Did you try the search function? o.0
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Oct 28, 2016 @ 2:06am
real question is, why dont they make a minecraft 2 since they wont add anything new in the game
Skoardy Oct 28, 2016 @ 6:53pm 
Originally posted by Hungry Hank the toilet:
real question is, why dont they make a minecraft 2 since they wont add anything new in the game
Are you talking about when they make a major update that adds new things (last one three months ago), something they've been doing since the start and are still doing or the minor snapshots that fix bugs, make tweaks and occasionally add new things (the last one being two days ago)?
Originally posted by Hungry Hank the toilet:
Minecraft's just fine the way it is, honestly. I'm glad there is a game that isn't trying to be a money pit by reskinning content and looking slightly fancier with content that is already done in the mod community, especially when there is so much potential in the game that is already there. It doesn't need a Minecraft 2. It needs to just be itself and stay that way.

But hell, that's just me. I'm the same guy who thought survival was a dumb addition and skipped alpha/beta in classic until creative became a mode again.
true
Villynerk Dec 18, 2016 @ 6:50pm 
Majong dont want it but u can add it As a strange game
Originally posted by Villynerk:
Uh... what?
Gorlom[Swe] Dec 19, 2016 @ 12:56am 
Originally posted by CommodusIV:
Originally posted by Villynerk:
Uh... what?
He is saying that you can add it to your steam library as a non-steam game.

Why he is mentioning the game Mahjong is beyond me. He could possibly be refering to Mojang the development studio. But it really isn't up to them anymore since Microsoft bought them.

*PS I just now learned the name comes from Swedish equivilent of "thingamabub" or "dohickey", it's just they switched "ä" with "a" completly changeing the pronounciation. :S
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Originally posted by CommodusIV:
Uh... what?
He is saying that you can add it to your steam library as a non-steam game.

Why he is mentioning the game Mahjong is beyond me. He could possibly be refering to Mojang the development studio. But it really isn't up to them anymore since Microsoft bought them.

*PS I just now learned the name comes from Swedish equivilent of "thingamabub" or "dohickey", it's just they switched "ä" with "a" completly changeing the pronounciation. :S
I fear I'm losing my ability to read statements with little to no foundation in proper structure, spelling or grammar... oh well.

Yep, definately Mojang mentioned there.
dennis Jul 3, 2018 @ 5:19am 
so sad
Survivor Sep 6, 2018 @ 7:45am 
wat?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50