Steam Greenlight
Relevancy of the ''Dislike'' in Greenlight
Just wanted to know how much difference a great number of users would make on a game's process of being greenlit, because there are so many games in greenlight that don't deserve to be on steam, from being unpolished and unfinished to being one of thousands of the same content (yes, slender game clones mostly)
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-12 από 12 σχόλια
The question is would you buy the game, not do you like the game. Valve is just trying to find out how many people would be interested in buying the game. I mean maybe Valve is looking at the ratios too to see how the numbers might correlate with the whole Steam community, but in terms of bare numbers, it makes no difference how many people don't want to buy it, because the money coming in from those people will be zero whether there's ten of them or a thousand, right?

If something is "unpolished and unfinished" in your view, and other people are voting Yes anyway, it's because they disagree with you. That's fine. If something like that gets on to Steam and you still feel the same way, you're free to not buy it.
That was quite a mechanical answer, but yet i understand what you are saying.
Yah, people just post Yes like "cool a nice game wont get but cool," its expose to be will you buy the game or not.
"Dislikes" do not counter "likes".. there could be hundreds of thousands of dislikes, but if the game hits the required amount of likes. Then it passes GL eventually.
Well thanks everybody. If you are reading this please do not necro this discussion
Greenlight for me is a pain and I suspect for others too.
I only use Steam because I have to; yes that is what I said: because I have to. There are games that I want to play and can only play them through Steam. Greenlight has voted in Assetto Corsa and this is a racing sim' that I want a lot; now it will be only through Steam that I can play it.
I was going to dump my Steam account when AC came out and along with other sim's I have, not connected to Steam, plus superb F2P games like Simraceway, I would be a free agent again...Steam for me is a middle man that gets in my way; Greenlight just makes it worse.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από arniesan:
I only use Steam because I have to; yes that is what I said: because I have to. There are games that I want to play and can only play them through Steam. Greenlight has voted in Assetto Corsa and this is a racing sim' that I want a lot; now it will be only through Steam that I can play it.
I was going to dump my Steam account when AC came out and along with other sim's I have, not connected to Steam, plus superb F2P games like Simraceway, I would be a free agent again...Steam for me is a middle man that gets in my way; Greenlight just makes it worse.
I'm not sure what this has to do with the original topic.

Why do you need to use Steam? have you tried any of the other digital distributers? gog.com, gamersgate, desura, origin or amazon?
And why is Greenlight such a bother if it gives you access to more games? Does it make you want to keep using Steam and that is why you are bothered by it or why?

As for the original topic: there are no "dislikes". "not interested" only removes the item from your que and does nothing to the project or it's chances to gget greenlit.
(Where was this initially posted? I can't belive i totally missed this thread.. or that so many other greenlight forum regulars havent posted in it)
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από GorlomSwe:
(Where was this initially posted? I can't belive i totally missed this thread.. or that so many other greenlight forum regulars havent posted in it)

Our eyes probably glazed over at the question that has been asked over and over ever since voting was introduced.
There's no exclusivity deals enforced with Steam or Greenlight so your rant seems somewhat misguided and ill-informed.

I can't belive i totally missed this thread.. or that so many other greenlight forum regulars havent posted in it)
Moved from elsewhere, maybe?
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Skoardy; 29 Αυγ 2013, 5:14
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Skoardy:

I can't belive i totally missed this thread.. or that so many other greenlight forum regulars havent posted in it)
Wasn't that kind of not acctually implied but spoken in plain terms that I assumed that when I asked "where was this posted initially?" ? :p

Your initial post doees not once say WHY you have to use Steam.

There is nothing that says Assetto Corsa will be a Steam exclusive. They already have a previous title Netkar Pro that can be bought through netkar-pro.com. Presumably you will be able to buy Assetto Corsa from that games website once it is released as well.

Now could you elaborate on WHY you need to use steam instead of quoting yourself making baseless claims.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Gorlom[Swe]; 29 Αυγ 2013, 7:04
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Skoardy:

Wasn't that kind of not acctually implied but spoken in plain terms that I assumed that when I asked "where was this posted initially?" ? :p
I suspect that it was in the "Steam Community" board.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-12 από 12 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 17 Αυγ 2013, 17:22
Αναρτήσεις: 12