While JonnyBoy has been working on the v3.0.8 code rewriting, Shepard has been working on another v3.0.7 hotfix that we present you with today! This update contains many fixes which were supposed to be released already, and more. But some crashes or other issues may remain, which should hopefully get fixed with the update to v3.0.8.
What about SourceMod support?
We mentioned previously that we would be banning SourceMod from being used in our game, because it was being abused to bypass our custom game bans. At the time, we told you it would be banned within a few weeks, but we didn't proceed to ban it after that time period.
Fortunately, we were able to find a way to prevent, or discourage, those from abusing SourceMod to bypass our custom game bans - and we were simply waiting, and observing the results of this before making a final decision to proceed with the ban. This means it's no longer necessary for us to ban the use of SourceMod. We apologize for any grief that we may have caused you all with this mistake.
In other SourceMod related news - we were recently in touch with the SourceMod developers, AlliedModders, regarding SourceMod not functioning properly with ZPS. They weren't aware that ZPS had the major v3.0 update because no one had informed them. We were also informed that we needed to expose something in order for their auto-update to work properly, and we complied. So you should see some fixes to SourceMod here sometime soon (you can track the Github issue here[github.com]
But, please don't forget that AngelScript is still the preferred and best method to write server and map plugins for ZPS. AngelScript is in its early stages and is likely lacking in the functionality you need because we need requests for the additions you require. But keep in mind that AngelScript is not meant to function like, or be a second SourceMod. There's certain things that we won't want to expose so that it can't be abused for some reason. Whatever your requests, be sure to leave them here on our forums or in our Discord server[discord.gg]
v3.0.7 Hotfix-2 Changelog
- Added the ability to target bots as well as yourself for the "explode" and "teleport" commands.
- Clients permissions are refreshed on every spawn.
- Removed the "fun beacon" command because it was broken.
- Reworked the permissions/immunity system.
- Added "DoSuicide( CHL2MP_Player @pPlayer, bool bExplode, float flTime )" to "CHL2MP_Player".
- Added "SetPlayerName( CHL2MP_Player @pPlayer, const std::string& szString )" to "CHL2MP_Player".
- Removed "ForceInfectPlayer( float flTime )" from "CHL2MP_Player".
- Fixed an exploit where zombie lives were increased if the kicked player was anything but a zombie.
- Added custom crosshairs support. You no longer need to overwrite an existing default crosshair, just look at "zps/data/crosshairs" to see how they are now handled.
- Added "Targeted Platform" on the debugging overlay.
- Added very basic Workshop functionality à la Left 4 Dead to the main menu.
- "cl_cmdrate" is now ignored, the forced value is "30".
- Fixed a crash about infected and arms being invalids.
- Fixed a glitch with infected arms.
- Fixed an issue with backgrounds not being read from VPKs files.
- Fixed bad paths to Feed-O-Meter materials.
- Fixed spectators being able to spectate spectators (doh!)
- Potentially fixed the crashes about ragdolls.
- Removed Source 2013's cheap shadows because they were broken.
- Reworked the glow system in an attempt to fix the random items glowing issues.
- Updated interactions with Discord RPC (Rich Presence).
CVARs (Console VARiables)
- Added a new server side boolean CVAR called "sv_allow_gravity_manipulation" (default value is 0/false).
- If this CVAR is enabled, servers operators are able to change the gravity, otherwise it will be locked to the default value.
- Enabling this CVAR will deactivate the achievements as well as statistics!
- Added a new server side boolean CVAR called "sv_disablesprays" (default value is 0/false).
- If this CVAR is enabled, clients are no longer able to spray (thanks Captain Obvious!).
- Added a new server side boolean CVAR called "sv_workshop_clientdownload" (default value is 1/true).
- If this CVAR is enabled, servers will order the connecting clients to download the server's subscribed Workshop items from the Steam Workshop, otherwise it's up to the clients themselves to manually subscribe and download the items.
- "sv_gravity" is no longer "sv_cheats" protected (now protected by the newly added "sv_allow_gravity_manipulation").
- "sv_gravity"'s default value has been changed from "600" to "570" in an attempt to match 2.4.
- [func_brush] Will no longer be preserved between rounds, it will be recreated every round restart.
- [func_illusionary] Same fate as "func_brush".
- [point_clientcommand] Blacklisted the following commands for security reasons: bind, changelevel, cl_*, disconnect, explode, fov, give, impulse, kill, m_*, map, mat_*, mp3, quit, r_*, slot, snd_*, v_*, zp_*
- [point_servercommand] Same fate as "point_clientcommand".
- Cut-scenes are forced to be disabled when an intermission (map transition if you prefer) is triggered. This is to prevent major problems on the next map.
- Fixed an issue with the escape timer.
- Fixed Carrier/Zombie arms check code attempting to give them back to dead zombies that would cause a server crash because of edicts limit being reached.
- Fixed Carrier/Zombie arms check code interfering with controllable entities like "func_train" and "game_ui". Smash Cannon's players and servers operators can now rest assured.
- Fixed intermission (map transition if you prefer) being triggered when an invalid map was specified.
- Reworked the game description system in order to match 2.4. Servers with a lower infection rate should have an "i", higher should be "i+". Hardcore servers should have an "H" and forced Hardcore is "H+". Custom servers are still marked as "Custom".
- Reworked how game modes are created/destroyed to be more reliable and efficient.
- Updated how late joiners are picked up to be more efficient.
- Added a missing new line character when logging "The zombies won!".
- Added the reason of why votes failed in votes logging.
- Added vote issuer's team in all votes logging.
- Fixed console spamming whenever there was an infected.
- Implemented SpdLog which is a better, cleaner and faster logging system than Source's.
- Added a "panic punish timer", if you panic too much within a certain time, you will loose stamina.
- Fixed crouch exploit.
- Fixed escape timer not being reset.
- Fixed Feed-O-Meter being drained for an unknown reason (caused by HL2:DM's code).
- Fixed Feed-O-Meter being drained while crouching (caused again by HL2:DM's code).
- Fixed jumping animations.
- Fixed issues about Carrier counting whenever a client disconnected.
- Fixed the "is infected" variable not being reset after having turned.
- Removed the ability to drop and share single round of ammo for performance and stability reasons.
- Removed the following cheat "impulse" commands: 50 (HL2's commander stuff), 51 (create a HL2 dynamic resupply item), 52 (range calculator).
- Reset "Carrier status" between round's end and the beginning of a new one in an attempt to prevent multiple Carriers glitch.
- Added a limit of 20 gibs in order to prevent servers crashes (as well as griefing in Zomboeing).
- Added tags (for Hardcore only so far) that would allow clients to easily filters the servers.
- Fixed dedicated servers sometimes not picking up maps from the Workshop.
- Head gibs will disappear after 15 seconds in order to prevent servers crashes (also prevents griefing in Zomboeing).
- [Linux] Reworked how console warnings/errors are treated to match Windows's version.
- [Chair] Now uses it's own weight value rather than the Axe's.
- [Delivery items] Added 3 new outputs for mappers: "OnUse", "OnUseAccept", "OnUseFound".
- [Delivery items] Fixed a potential crash when owner magically disappeared and became invalid.
- [Machete] Now uses it's own weight value rather than the Keyboard's.
- [Pipe wrench] Now uses it's own weight value rather than the Wrench's.
- [Pistols (Glock 17, Glock 18c, PPK, USP)] Say goodbye to the fast LMG rate of fire bug on them.
- [Winchester] Fixed an issue where the double shot sound was used when the secondary attack was pressed but only one buckshot was fired.
- [Winchester] Fixed the fast firing glitch (press primary then secondary attack ASAP) because it's not a freaking LMG.
- [Wrench] Now uses it's own weight value rather than the Spanner's.
Follow us on social media at: [discord.gg]
- Added more ammo boxes.
- Made the sofas heavier at the attic.
- Fixed getting stuck in the attic roof.
- Added minor fixes of light and lightmap shadows.
- Added a few player clips to make movement smoother.
- Minor visual improvements.
- Soundscape adjusted.
- Updated loading screen.
- Fixed the brush clipping issue in the cells.
- Fixed texture alignment problem in the cells.
- Fixed where you could get stuck outside near the sign.
- Updated some detailing @ the workshop (outside window).
- Replaced corn plants.
- Fixed blocking elevators at secret.
- Replaced join signs.
- Removed 4 dynamic lights from front of train.
- Set up new collision for func_tracktrain
- Extended train tunnel.
- Train detail is now func_brush.
- Func_tracktrain and path_tracks are now set to fixed orientation.
- Lined up origin of func_tracktrain perfectly with origin of first path_track.
- Added invisible metal texture.
- Removed some dynamic props from the cockpit of the train that weren't showing up properly anyway.
- Clipped vent holes so trolls can't troll and drop crates through there.
- Put human push trigger in front of zombie spawn outlet into hangar so campers can't be campers.
- Trimmed a trigger in the tower that was poking outside a little.
- Fixed overhead door moving wrong direction in tunnel.