INTRODUCING TOWER WARS SEASON 3!
On the heels of our latest update which introduced NEW MAPS to all play modes and many balance changes within the game, today marks the start of Tower Wars Season 3! Both Season Play and participation is really simple and it doesn't require any special sign-ups or setup. All you need to do is play the game! From here on out, any time you play a Ranked game, it will count toward the current season! Easy! The more you play, the more you have a chance to climb the Season Leaderboard!
Of course, there is still a full suite of options for unranked, bot matches and custom game setups all which are playable on the new maps, so no pressure! We will finalize the end date and reveal prizes soon, so stay tuned!
For those who might have missed the information on the latest update, check out below!
Tower War Update v.1.1133 Information
Maps added to multiplayer dedicated servers
- We've added a new map for use in ranked/unranked Multiplayer and in Meat vs. Metal -- "Casualty Creek".
Game balance update
- Lava You Deeply (reinstated)
- Casualty Creek (new)
- Increased Zoombot’s BP generation by 10%.
- Buffed Mortimer by 10% to health, armor, and shield. Buffed Gold-level Mortimer by 20% to H/A/S.
- Reduced gold cost to unlock Mortimer by 10% (leaving BP unlock cost alone).
- Reduced gold cost to produce a Mortimer by 10%.
- Removed 10% of Mortimers from scripted waves in single-player "tower defense challenges".
- Bounties: all tier 3 units and up, gold bounty for killing these units increased to a flat 1/3 of build cost.
- Increased berserk response to juggling -- units move faster and stay berserk longer, especially with repeated juggling.
- Increased damage boost effect to 15 / 25 / 35%.
- Specialized damage to health and armor; now does minimal damage to shields.
- Damage-over-time to anyone who walks through, with an extra hit to anyone making a bucket pour.
- The net result is expected to be a significant upgrade to the damage output of this tower.
Level 3 Mines and Miners:
- Increased stun duration to 2 / 2.5 / 3 seconds.
- Reduced cost of a Level 3 miner to 300 gold, 90 BP.
- Increased the gold disadvantage of Bots 1, 2, and 3, to prevent them from benefiting from this change.
- Tips added to loading screens.
- "Interactive tips" added to bots 1, 2, and 3 -- we chat hints and situational updates to the player.
- Bots 1 and 2 made easier (slower progress up the tech tree). They are still allowed to win.
- Clicking on a tower no longer upgrades the tower -- use shift-click to upgrade.
- Text chat can be disabled. (type /off in the chat window)
- Music volume reduced while in multiplayer queue.
- Pre-game "ready" box no longer times out in bot games, so you can go to the fridge during the loading screen.
- Fixed the elusive random "navmesh" crash.
- Fixed invisible ready timer in multiplayer games. Now works as before.
- Fixed text chat disable only working for bot tips. Now works for regular chat too.
- Fixed high-level bots falsely introducing themselves as low-level bots, promising tips that never happen. Now high-level bots don't chat, as intended.
- Fixed a bug in Unranked Private Match: if the host selected Random Map, and it picked Lava Mines or Casualty Creek, then the host would see many missing textures.