We’ve made significant changes to the Game Balance with the following objectives:
- We’re aiming for a 50% chance of reaching the treasure room alive on the first attempt in same-level player castles.
- When reaching the treasure room alive, we expect the average attacker to get there quickly enough to get 1 or 2 stars, while a skilled player would get 3 stars.
To reach our first objective, we’ve increased the importance Hero Level has on DPS and Armor, as well as boosting defensive abilities on gear. Previously, DPS and Armor were determined by the gear’s base stats, whereas now it is equally distributed between the gear’s base stats, item abilities and the hero’s level. Some creatures and trap stats have been modified to reflect our objective, such as a reduction in the length of time a Hero can be stunned as well as a reduction in damage by certain creatures.
Our secondary objective required us to make modifications to the timer as well as the efficiency of certain combinations of delay-tactics.
New Item Abilities
We’ve added two new item abilities: Confusion and Raise the Dead. A confused creature attacks anyone in range, with preference for other creatures. The effect lasts 5 seconds. Raise the Dead summons a squad of spectral skeletons that attack nearby creatures.
Each region now has a new sky color and ambiance, representing its progression in Opulencia. We’ve made changes to the exteriors of the Boss castles, making them more visually impressive.
Players with a low-level Castle Heart will notice an accumulation of cobwebs in their rooms along with harmless spiderlings creeping around. As the Castle Heart is upgraded, your castle regains its glorious and clean appearance.
We’ve enabled the global chat between players for all territories, and introduced profanity filtering.
Each player can now pick a profile picture among a selection of images. More profile pics will be added in the future!
We’ve added a new building to your castle, called the Cornelius Emporium. The emporium now sells customization options such as Castle Themes and Costumes.
Important Bug Fixes & Improvements
- We fixed an issue where the Stare Master could teleport out of the current room during combat, causing it to get stuck.
- We modified the selection of PVE castles in the first region.
- After each attack, you’ll notice a number next to your Hero Inventory icon. This number represents the amount of new items you’ve looted since you last opened your inventory.
- Consumable boosts have been moved from their own section of the Brewery to the same section as Health Potions. Visit the brewery to purchase your XP, Gold or Life Force boosters.
- We’ve fixed a bug with Icy Blast. It should now properly debuff the attack speed of affected creature
- Fixed a bug in the matchmaking which caused some players to not be attacked.