Synergy Version 55a Released
- Fixed "Closing pack file with -1 open files!" error when changing to the same level in most cases.
- Improved level load times under most conditions.
- Fixed a significant memory leak when changing levels.
- Added a Player Model chooser to the main menu to fix the random player model bug; displays model while in-game.
- Reworked -includepath to be additive rather than a replacement for the default paths. Synergy will first search the default paths while searching for mounted games then search in each path specified in -includepath in order. To add multiple paths: delimit each with a semi-colon (;) (e.g. -includepath "D:/steam/steamapps/common;D:/steam/steamapps/sourcemods;E:/OtherDirectory" etc)
- Added mp_reset cvar for puzzle maps: prevents reverting to last checkpoint when all players die.
- Started to keep Demo Viewer branches for old demos under the betas tab.
- Added sv_motd_disable, cl_motd_disable and motd commands.
- Added HudHints for player abilities (Healing, giving ammo, etc).
- Fixed players sometimes not getting teleported to other players when interacting with physics objects.
- Renamed sv_net_optimize_gibbing cvar to breakable_multiplayer_npc and now effects all NPCs (This forces NPC gibs to be client-side to help reduce network bandwidth)
- Fixed weapon_pistol fire animation not playing on other players and in third-person.
- Fixed scoring not counting Strider kills with the Magnuson device and planted combine mines.
- Fixed players in a vehicle being deleted when the vehicle itself was artificially deleted.
- Fixed player icon health color being skewed a bit.
- Fixed Hammer not loading for new installs since previous update.
- Fixed gravity gun from hitting some things that it shouldn't.
- Fixed a few uncommon server crashes.
- Fixed trigger_once::OnStartTouch output being able to fire multiple times if multiple players touch it at the same time.
- Fixed being able to damage other players with combine mines.
- Fixed slams from attaching to non-static stuff.
- Players will now drop items on disconnect and remaining armor when they die.
- Props that break near barnacles will create server-side gibs for proper interaction.
- Fixed crossbow and bugbait behaving sporadically on some servers.
- Added VR options to main menu when applicable.
- Added some minor EDT features.
- Removed Cheat flags from the following cmds: stopsound, cl_drawhud, r_drawviewmodel .
- Enabled Advanced options in the Multiplayer tab.
- Updated Donors.
- Fixed a very common client crash related to vehicles.
- Fixed a level change error regression on d1_town_05.
- Fixed players getting kicked out of Crane vehicles during a save.
- Fixed a crash regression when handbreaking in some vehicles and with HudHints.
- Fixed Mac/Linux not launching.
- Fixed crash when selecting Donor Features menu button when not a donor.
- Fixed players sometimes getting invalid grenade amounts.
- Fixed some weapons not showing up on the player correctly.