I am happy to announce the release of Steam trading cards for Steel Storm: Burning Retribution!
Along with the cards we got numerous bug fixes and updates pushed into the public branch:
- Updated game engine Win32 build to be current (current Darkplaces engine svn build).
- Updated game engine Linux64 build to be current (current Darkplaces engine svn build). Linux 32bit is no longer supported.
- Added limited vertical autoaim for some of the player's weapons (works within certain threshold).
- Limited vertical autoaim for enemy AI (works within certain threshold).
- Enemies no long bunch up above/below player, when player is not on the same floor as enemies (works within certain threshold).
- Shockwave no longer zaps enemies a way above/below player, except for Fliers.
- Beam turrets die even when killed while they were firing.
- Enemies can be killed even if they are immediately off-screen .
- Join messages when joining multiplayer server.
- In coop enemies lock on target (players) properly.
- Updated Necro campain (user-made content).
- Server restarts after time set by 'sv_forcerestarttime' (default 12 hours now), prints warnings message in the HUD when the restart is close to happening.
- Flack and minigun bullets don't create particles if they don't hit anything in range.
- Join/Leave messages are prettier.
- All possible challenges are visible in the player's Profile now. The unearned ones are grayed out.
- Fixed a logic error in AI causing AI to behave incorrectly with multiple targets nearby (including friendly tanks).
- Changed AI to react to friendly AI tanks even if players aren't nearby (offscreen).
- Fixed leaderboards after a finished mission to display challenges properly again.
- Changed 'Marksman' requirements to make it possible to actually earn it.
- Fixed Purgatory mission (western Pump had toggle states swapped).
- Removed annoying camera options from the player's Profile section.
- Updated many effects for player's weapons, explosions and enemies.