Today, we unveil some major changes for Spiral Knights! Here’s the rundown.
A new companion joins the fray – the customizable, feedable, adorable, upgradable weaponized battle-bots arrive! We’ve previewed them before, and now you can obtain your own Battle Sprite via a new series of rank 2 missions upon reaching Haven.
Please check the official release notes for full info on Battle Sprites![forums.spiralknights.com]
Energy System Overhaul[/b]
We’ve taken a long look at the energy system, and made some major changes. The basics: Elevators will no longer require energy, enabling you to explore the clockworks to your heart’s content! Players are being compensated for existing elevator passes, as well as Mist Energy tanks, which are also being removed.
There’s more but we don’t have room to list it all here – please see the official patch notes for details:
Customize the way you play! Find a mode that’s right for you:
- Normal mode: A bit easier than the current mode; intended as an introduction. Lower droprates and crown payouts.
- Advanced Mode: For players experienced with Spiral Knights – comparable in difficulty & rewards to previous Spiral Knights.
- Elite Mode: Big money, big prizes – big danger! If you’re ready for the next level of Spiral Knights, then the Clockworks are waiting…
New Revive System[/b]
What’s that, you say? Energy was the means by which you kept your Knightly selves alive? Hold on, one moment! We totally didn’t forget about this.
**HEAVY GRINDING NOISES AND MECHANICAL SOUNDS OFFSCREEN**
There we go!
- All knights now have an Emergency Revive mechanism built into their armor that will revive them shortly after falling in combat once per floor. An ER only restores all the red health pips you have, but no more.
- If a knight is brought to an elevator dead, their ER will be instantly used at the start of the next floor.
- After falling in combat without an ER, the primary means of reviving is no longer energy. Players must use a ‘Spark of Life’ in order to revive in the Clockworks.
- Sparks of Life can be earned via missions, found in treasure blocks or purchased in bulk at a discount price in the Supply Depot. Sparks of Life cannot be purchased from the Supply Depot while in the Clockworks.
- If dead without a ER or Spark of Life, a Spark of Life can be activated for 50 energy. This price never escalates.
- Removed the ability to revive by sharing health as well as any heat sharing from reviving.
- The old ‘Spark of Life’ crafting material has been renamed to ‘Storm Chaser’, because of reasons.
There’s too much in this update to list here: Please see the official release notes for a complete list of item changes and updates, including new materials, UI changes, alchemy and forge changes, general changes not covered above, and more!
More Surprises Ahead…[/b]
We look forward to seeing you raise your new battle sprites into powerful combat allies, forge powerful items and explore the Clockworks to your heart’s content.
But this is only the beginning! There's new challenges ahead, as we move on into the mystery of the Clockworks itself …