New this week for Spiral Knights: A new set of levels to explore and a new class of monsters to fight!
You Shall Call Them Mini-Monsters
Knights like swarms of things, right?
Much like mini-cupcakes are relatively harmless on their own but incredibly damaging in large numbers, Mini-Monsters – “Minis” for short – now roam the Clockworks! Most Knights will be able to deal with these wee beasts easily enough one at a time … but beware of swarms!
Mini monsters include:
- Dust Bunnies: These beast-family minis are a hopping mad mess of fangs and fur. They are always hungry.
- Glop Drops: The newest member of the slime family will slowly ooze their way toward their prey as a nasty blanket of spikes.
- Grave scarabs: These undead insects are always on the lookout for fresh corpses. Their limited flight signals their attacks.
Minis will appear in select levels of the Clockworks and will eventually find their way into many more levels in future updates…
New Level Series: The Compounds
Deep in the Clockworks, Knights have forged into a new and dangerous area: The Compounds are the remains of some unknown and mysterious facility. Home to more intelligent monsters who have been harvesting the area’s resources, perhaps even working to power up the derelict machinery … while just outside the Compounds, hordes of mini-monsters await to swarm unwary Knights!
-Compounds are unique levels in that they will combine two monster families, and will only appear on Tier 2 and 3 of the Clockworks.
-Currently, Compounds levels will only appear in the Arcade but will be added to some missions in future updates.
-Please note, in order for the new Compound levels to populate the Arcade gates, it was necessary to shuffle current gates. We apologize for the inconvenience!
- Rockets will no longer sneak behind barriers in the Firestorm Citadel
- Fixed going 'Back to Haven' in Guild Halls
Please see http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/78315
for full patch notes and details.