Today Overgrowth is now in BETA with a full single player Lugaru campaign, and many other features. Check it out now on Steam Early Access! We're also doing a limited time discount to celebrate - 27% off Overgrowth's normal price.
Here's a video
we made to announce the occasion:https://youtu.be/7GvKeyvvmu4
Also here's a quick image of a wolf killed with a knife in the new Lugaru Campaign!
A more detailed feature summary of Overgrowth's Beta is below:
- Fully re-imagined Lugaru campaign story mode in the Phoenix engine
- Local multiplayer if you have a keyboard mouse and a controller, or 2 controllers
- Gameplay-enhancing use of ragdoll physics, with skeletal impacts and damage simulation
- Enemy AI that adapts to your attacks, and group combat behavior that rewards choosing a stealth approach, or skillfully taking on a few at a time
- Simple installation of community mods using the SUMLauncher application (which you can find from the Wolfire Blog)
- Extensive modding support, with a realtime in-game editor and lightning-fast hot-loading when editing scripts
- Skeletal/procedural animation blends (as seen in David’s GDC talk which was posted to the Wolfire Blog)
- Hybrid clustered/forward rendering engine with physically-based rendering materials and global illumination model using tetrahedral meshes
- Procedural wound decals and dripping blood effects