It's been a while, but update 98 finally seems ready. While we've done lots of testing on this build over the last few weeks, do note that the changes to this build are 'deep' enough that we can't guarantee it's 100% stable. Over the next few weeks we'll work on update 99, which will fix any issues that come up as 98 rolls out.
Most of Update 98 is balancing and fixes to issues introduced in 97, but the biggest change is the re-introduction of the Thronebutt[thronebutt.com]
meta-leaderboards. Nuclear Throne now directly interfaces with the site, and that means you can keep track of your Daily and Weekly performance there.
Thanks for the patience, and let us know what you think!
- Thronebutt.com integration!
- Heavy Slugger Buff
- Jungle flies now have a chance of dropping maggots
- Lightning Crystals are now more aggressive
- Ultra Bolt Damage Buff
- Some minor Steroids changes (now starts with bullets, starting ammo increase)
- Huge things can no longer be revived (bosses, etc.)
- Fixed some retroactive achievements
- Removed Daily/Weekly from DRM-Free builds
- Coop fixes
- IDPD Van Depth fixes
- Several No Portal Bugs fixed
- Less freeze frames on Ally death
- Skeleton now loses mutations properly
- Lightning can now escape certain levels
- Mom attacks with toxic again
- YV purgatory bug fixed
- Lots of crashes fixed
- Van infinite loop fixed
- Collision optimalisations
- Lightning optimalisations
- Melting scorchmarks depth issues resolved
- Loadout guns no longer sound like chicken sword and vice versa
As a fun side-note, community member lietu has been working on Throne2Speech[throne2speech.com]
, which sort of narrates your Nuclear Throne run using the new Thronebutt. It's still in beta, so it might not be perfect still. We're looking forward to what people create with the new stream key and Thronebutt integrations!