We've done it, we've made the jump towards a completely new main menu! It's currently in an ugly, ugly state, the kind of things that'd normally never be seen by anyone outside of the studio working on it (and studios might even hide it internally). Then again, this is
open development, so for the sake of transparency and weekly updates we've thrown it out there for you.
We're currently making the move from having all options in the character select, to having a proper main menu and separate character select. For now, we have both menus, but eventually the character select screen will be just that.
This brings a few cool things with it too: options are now accessible with gamepad, and the new menus will work with mouse, keyboard and gamepad at the same time. Anyway, we hope you understand that it'll take a bit more time until we get this into a decent state without placeholder art, so please have some patience! We'll also get back on the Crown system and Loop Bosses relatively soon, as it's about time we fix those up!
Other than that, we've done some proper balancing (Horror might be less OP now), some fixes, and the usual small stuff.
Enjoy, and we hope you're as excited for the finished interface as we are!
- First steps of a new main menu!
- Horror's beam now gets cleared in a small area when it destroys a projectile, making it harder to cut through loads of bullets.
- Flame Cannon now costs 1 more ammo.
- Cursed Caves enemies now drop a lot more rads.
- Lil' Hunter no longer deals contact damage.
- Discs, Flames and the Flame Cannon cause less shake and sleep.
- Fixed a crown typo.
- If you kill yourself by using lightning weapons underwater, it now properly shows that as a cause of death with beautiful placeholder art.
- Gun Warrant's text now says 7 seconds, as it should.
- Bumpers on gamepad now swap weapons.
- You can now set how strong you want the "freeze frames" effect to be in the options.
- Added some screen shake to the menu.
- Rephrased the "gain damage" crown for now.
- We actually did a tiny bit of optimizations!
- Cursed ammo explosions now work with Crown of Death.
Don't forget to tune it to the huge Nuclear Throne tournament by SmiteSA, which happens over at Twitch[twitch.tv]
, and check out the weekly challenge by Solid too for some extra challenge in your Nuclear Throne this week!