You wouldn't believe how many things we could finally strike-through on our to do lists and checklists this week. There's nothing too exciting gameplay-wise this week, but we definitely made some serious progress towards that long-awaited version 1.0! Anyway, long days of efficient and hard work are pretty exhausting, so let's just jump into the cool new stuff:
- We've created a simple tutorial to explain the controls! Turns out it's rather possible to miss the fact that you can switch weapons.
- Awesome music for the Labs and Crystal Caves loop bosses!
- Boss intro for the Labs loop boss!
- Updated the stats screen, now a bit more bare-bones but functional.
- Unlock popups!
- The loadout screen has been updated, crowns are now locked from the start until looping with them with a specific character.
- Crown Statues are no longer damaged by enemies.
- Nerfed Chicken's "hard to kill" Ultra.
- Caves loop boss can no longer be pushed through walls.
- Bit less HP for the Caves loop boss.
- The Throne boss now shoots slightly less projectiles.
- The Sewers loop boss now scales in difficulty with loops.
- The Throne boss now scales in difficulty with loops.
- Bouncer Shotgun rate of fire has been increased, and it spawns a bit sooner.
- Laser Crystals now drop more ammo.
- Made IDPD a bit more effective on loops.
- Y.V.'s B Ultra reload time has been restored.
- Fixed a crash on the daily score screen.
- Swapped the Plant and Robot unlocks, whoops.
- Changed some tips.
- Art for the Super Bazooka!
- Nicer debris in the Jungle.
- The way areas and secret areas are named has been changed.
- Back buttons are slightly brighter.
Also don't forget to visit the Vlambeer booth at PAX Prime, which is not in the Indie MEGABOOTH this year, but a fully professional seperate booth of our own. We'll be introducing an amazing, brand new Nuclear Throne t-shirt and some other new merchandise. For those of you who won't be in Seattle, some of those will be for sale online later.
There's still a lot to do, but the ratio of 'things done' to 'things to do' is starting to look really nice for us now. Let us know what you think, as usual, and don't forget to check into our livestreams on Tuesdays and Thursdays.