We started redoing the way Crown Vaults work. It's currently in a weird, broken, unsatisfactory state, but will definitely help us get crown things wrapped up within a few updates (disregarding actual crown balancing, which will come later).
We've thrown out the old Crown Guardians and replaced them with temporary temple guardians. The new crown vaults will only grant mutants access to three vaults during their lifetime. Specific crowns are now always found in the same specific Vault, but that'll probably change again soon.
We rounded out the amount of crowns to twelve crowns, which is the amount that we intend to have in the final game. The first new crown, Crown of Protection, makes dropped guns give you +1 HP instead of ammo. The other crown, Crown of Luck, gives all enemies more HP but a chance to just kind of explode on death.
We've done quite some bits of balancing and fixing in this week as well. We have no idea how this all work out, they need some time and will probably be changed again! We'll be watching your feedback, your Let's Play's and your commentary here, on the wiki, on Twitch, Reddit, the forums and Twitter. Enjoy!
- New Crown Vault system.
- Crown of Protection and Crown of Luck.
- Plasma Cannon rate of fire has been increased.
- Heavy Auto Crossbow rate of fire has been decreased.
- Lil' Hunter is slower with IDPD summoning when higher on health.
- Crown of Life has been changed, now killing enemies at spawn instead of giving you a chest.
- Gun Warrant got an additional second.
- Scarier Face now reduces enemies' max HP instead of just dealing damage, effictively synergizing a bit less with Plant's Throne Butt.
- Snowbots need to be closer to throw cars.
- Higher chance for turrets to spawn.
- Turrets now have more HP and activate in groups.
- Flame Cannon no longer explodes when touching an enemy.
- Guitar has slightly less damage and rate of fire now.
- Lightning and Blood Cannon now both cost 1 more ammo.
- Gamma Guts damage has been increased but no longer triggers every frame.
- Strong Spirit now only gives 5 frames of invincibility when triggered.
- Big Bandit loop numbers have been increased.
- Cursed Ammo doesn't work with Plutonium Hunger and fades even faster.
- Fixed a bug with Turrets not spawning portals.
- Cursed Spiders no longer drop rads after splitting.
- Fixed crashes related to Flak Cannon and Lightning Hammer.
- Guitar only drops on loop 1 now.
- Exploding Freaks now also drop rads when blowing up by touching a wall.
- Fire Traps can no longer create untraversable situations.
- Bandits can no longer spawn in Crown Vaults.
- Fixed some glitches with entering portals right when they spawned.
- Saplings no longer one-hit-kill the Sewers loop boss.
- Vaults Statues can now also spawn in palace on loops.
- Less freeze when using Flak Cannons.
- Some new tips.