Aaah, it feels good to be back. Most of the team has been busy traveling to various events over the past few weeks, resulting in a slightly irregular update schedule. Now however, we're back. With a bang.
This update brings a brand new character to the game, Rogue. She's a renegade IDPD agent, and has been designed to be a difficult character who'll probably be the hardest to unlock. For now she's in your game right from the start, so enjoy that while it lasts!
Rogue's active ability allows her to call in a "Rogue Strike", for which special ammo has to be found in the levels, replacing Radiation Canisters. Her passive ability causes a big blast to appear whenever she gets hurt.
Does that sound similar to Rebels passive? Not anymore, as her passive got a complete remix! When entering a portal, Rebel will refill half of her missing health.
Other than these things, there's a lot of balancing going on. We've got a good feeling about where the game is heading, and are really making some distance now!
Oh, and there's one more thing about Rogue: Right from the start, she'll be constantly chased by the IDPD. Good luck!
- Gamma Guts now deals slightly less damage.
- Cluster grenades now spread out a bit more.
- The Pop Gun got an even higher rate of fire, making it impossible to hate.
- Grenade Shotgun has slightly less spread.
- Toxic damage has been increased.
- Wave Gun shoots a few more pellets.
- Snowbots now need to be a bit closer before they'll throw a car.
- The Flare Gun now spawns earlier.
- IDPD Inspectors have been sent back to IDPD Academy, and learnt to aim.
- Ammo and HP pickups should no longer get stuck in walls!
- Weapon Chests opened in narrow corridors no longer cause weapons to freak out and bounce around for hours.
- Fixed an error caused by small grenades.
- Players should no longer encounter the same level multiple times.
- IDPD portals no longer spawn on portals.
- Rebel has a new passive ability, refilling half her missing health when entering a portal.
- IDPD explosions now destroy projectiles.
- The lunge on the Chicken sword has been removed.
- Plasma Cannon now blows up walls on impact.
- Some new tips.
- The new grenade weapons have less screenshake when getting launched.
That's it for this week. Don't forget to tune it for the livestreams and enjoy!