We've been pulling off some big updates lately, and here comes another one that's so filled with so much stuff that it's hard to come up with a title. It doesn't help that this week was E3, so both Rami and Joonas were stuck in Los Angeles repping the game. It was lovely seeing how many people have heard of Nuclear Throne, and a large part of that is your efforts on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch and YouTube. We super appreciate all of that, so please keep it up!
For this weeks' update, well, where to begin? First of all, we've wrestled with all the tiny bugs and exceptions that broke the new "what killed you system". Most of those should be gone, and you can now casually triple loop with ease of mind again!
After that, we basically spent the week striking things of our shrinking to-do lists one by one. Lil' Hunter has been given a significant upgrade, making him use more mean, cowardly tactics, and giving him an additional cool bouncy bullets attack!
We've added Joonas' brilliant sound effects for the Sewers loop boss, created a new enemy for the Labs, update both the loading and game over screen, and even added a new crown that introduces a new "secret" system to the game!
Other than that, there's some significant balancing: enemies spawn further from spawns, a single melee enemy is no longer as effective at shredding you to bit in under a second, and strong spirit now also works for things that hit you twice in a super short amount of time. There's more balancing, fixes, details, you know, the usual really!
- We've upgraded Lil' Hunter! Less direct firepower, more mean cowardly attacks!
- The Sewers loop boss now has her own sound effects!
- We've added a new, rare enemy to the labs.
- Updated loading screen!
- We've added a new crown, for now only accessible from the loadout screen.
- Enemies spawn slightly further form the player, especially on 5-3.
- A single enemy can now only deal melee damage once a second.
- Slightly more bullet ammo from drops.
- Strong Spirit now makes you invulnerable for one second after triggering.
- Ravens now have a minimum firing range.
- Chicken's corpse flies slightly less far.
- Seeker Pistol rate of fire has been lowered a tiny bit.
- Eraser deals a tiny bit less damage.
- CLASSIFIED Assassins now react slightly slower.
- Fixed a ton of small bugs related to getting hit by: Golden Scorpions, deflected weapons, Lil Hunter exploding, Crown of Death.
- The amount of IDPD spawning on 0-1 is now always the same.
- Made some tiny adjustments to bolt and bullet collisions.
- Chicken's thrown weapons no longer snap when turning into pickups.
- Fixed a visual glitch related to Chicken's B Ultra.
- Crown of Death explosion no longer spawns outside of the level.
- Fixed a HUD glitch related to the Splinter Pistol.
- Corpses no longer spawn in walls on 0-1.
- Cluster Grenade no longer creates a horizontal line of tiny grenades when hitting an enemy directly.
- Impact Wrists should no longer damage Allies.
- Laser Crystals killing you are no longer shown as the Hyper Crystal on the game over screen.
- Game Over screen now animates.
- Crystals in Cursed Caves are now a light source.
- Fixed/changed some tips.
Enjoy, and remember, there's absolutely no way to find a Yeti in the game!