While we thought work on Nuclear Throne would sit still during Gamescom, PAX and Fantastic Arcade - it seems the prospect of lots of travel made us do our best even more, resulting in this massive update. It did impact our paperwork a bit, so changelogs have been late and we apologize for that. Hopefully, as travel dies down, we can get back to posting proper update logs again.
Let's go over things real quick: Way better Proto Statues, a new B-skin, some interesting changes to Rebel, lots of important (and ancient) bug fixes, a super cool intro for the loop exclusive boss fight, SPARKLING PROJECTILES for golden weapons, and way more! We're introducing a new mutation too, and we should've fixed a lot of the visual glitches introduced by switching to a newer build of GameMaker.
Rami took a week off, roadtripping around the US with his family. We also had an amazing time at both gamescom and PAX. Nuclear Throne had amazing showings at both events (it was so successful at PAX that Enforces had to come and thin out the crowds almost hourly) and Vlambeer turned 4 years old. Thanks for your ongoing support, and keep letting us know what you think of the game.
- A new mutation: Patience. It allows you to delay picking mutations by one portal!
- A new B-track.
- Way more cover in the palace.
- A beautiful new intro to the *REDACTED* fight.
- New Proto Statues, both visually and functionally.
- A brand new B-skin!
- A big tweak to Rebel: Allies after the first one now only cost 1HP to spawn, and Allies now always drop Ammo.
- Minigun has been made more usable.
- Hyper Launcher now costs 2 ammo to use, and is still overpowered.
- Cursed Chests now drop even better weapons.
- IDPD grenades no longer explode on contact.
- Laser Rifle now has a lower rate of fire but is slightly more accurate.
- Eyes can now attract rads with their active.
- Snowbots have a short delay before they'll throw a car.
- The way Fire Shotgun projectiles work has been changed a bit.
- Fire Shotguns fire slightly less pellets.
- Fire Shotguns now spawn slightly later.
- Enemies have their attack animations back!
- You'll no longer find your own *REDACTED* in 0_1.
- Some weird chicken bugs should have been fixed, but please let us know if anything pops up!
- Steroids can now repair things with both hands.
- Disc Gun discs should no longer get stuck in walls.
- Thrown cars are no longer invisible.
- Recycle Gland can no longer give you more than max bullets.
- Recoded the way bolts stick in enemies.
- Lightning Hammer icon should look better.
- Dog Guardians no longer take damage from wall debris.
- Rhino Freaks should no longer glitch into walls.
- Fire Shotgun art!
- Gold projectiles, and *REDACTED* now sparkle.
- Some new tips.
- Guardian bullets now have nicer art.
We'll keep doing our best to make Nuclear Throne slightly better every week! We had some good talks about the future of the game, and can't wait to be done with travelling so we can get started on all that!
HAVE A FUN!