This week was a weird one, with Rami in the hospital for an emergency surgery - but Jan Willem took over and made sure we made a lot of progress regardless. As Rami is writing this right now, we can certainly say that we're back in business for real in November.
Despite the oddness of the week, update #3 is not lighter than normal. A lot of work went into making sure there's enough new to do: Blast some enemies in your looping rounds with new high-level guns, enjoy a load of cool new props & stare at some new art. Besides that, there's a whole pile of bug fixes and small little changes.
- wave gun
- plasma gun (needs sound effects)
- plasma cannon (needs sound effects)
- sentry gun (very unfinished)
- plant b skin
- new props (rotting cacti and -CLASSIFIED- in the desert, tires in the scrapyard, cocoons in caves)
- some new mutation icons
- fixed some music memory leaking
- you can now use the mouse in the menu while in gamepad mode
- quick restarting no longer gives you big weapon chests
- fixed music stopping at quick restart
- menu no longer crashes when pressing escape at the logo
- characters can be selected again in the menu
- picking up a weapon with control no longer does that every frame ;)
- fixed young venuz airhorn and metal hit sound effects.
- big rats can no longer be killed with the snare.
- gamepad quick restart with (A)
- toxics should now disappear when portal spawns
- added "fit to the screen" option
- slightly updated logo with better kerning
- splinter gun changed around a bit
- robot description now says "EATS GUNS", way cooler
- cave sparkles
- new pipe graphics
- less energy weapon screenshake
- lots of crown vault work, not public yet, sorry
- save file will be reset, sorry. we probably won't have save files that transfer between builds until we get character unlocks in.
November for us is very much a 'systems' month - we want to get the game closer to containing all the intended features and not worry too much about content. That doesn't mean you don't get new content - on the contrary - you'll get loads. What we mean with systems is that we want to start implementing I.D.P.D., Crown Vaults, Crowns and 'proper looping'.
Oddly enough, to get that going, next week we'll start working on a bit of content - we'll need a brand new type of enemies.
Don't forget to check into our livestreams on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 1PM CET and 6PM CET. Join us at http://nuclearthrone.com/
and hang out while we work on the game live!