We said we'd be slowing down a bit for the holidays in December, but somehow a lot of new stuff still managed to slip into this update. Now that Joonas Turner, our sound designer, is back on the project, we've suddenly got (updated) sound effects for most enemies right up to Big Dog and a couple of weapons! As always with SFX, the differences are subtle, but they give the game so much more soul and atmosphere. In the meanwhile, artist Paul Veer finished all the mutation icons, and Lil' Hunter got quite an update.
We also did some balancing for melee weapons, and changed Boiling Veins again, now allowing for the oldschool "run-into-things-while-firing-grenades" tactics while still being interesting. And we added a Nuke Launcher.
- All mutation icons!
- More weapon sounds!
- More enemy sounds!
- Nuke Launcher. NUUUUUUKE LAUNCHER!
- Lil' Hunter got updated a lot.
- Throne Butt now tells you what it does for your current mutant.
- Some very mysterious changes to the Blood Launcher.
- Loading screen now has support for "rare tips".
- Lil' Hunter now has an intro like the other bosses.
- Lower damage but higher rate of fire for the Katana.
- Higher damage but lower rate of fire for the Sledgehammer.
- Higher rate of fire for the Screwdriver.
- Boiling Veins now makes you immune to explosions and fire when under 50% health.
- Sword icon changed a little bit.
- Props with text on them will no longer flip.
- Fixed spawning a bit for that secret enemy we added in the last update.
- Portal spawn locations fixed a bit.
- Weapon reload now has more contrast on the HUD.
- New icicle graphics.
- More loading screen tips.
- Shells now disappear with a slightly random interval.
- New ice tiles in Frozen City.
Things will probably slow down even more for the next update, as more of the team take a bit of a breather during December. Streams will continue according to schedule and we'll be around on the forums, but we'll be using the rest of this month to recover from all the hard work, and to prepare taking the game to whole new levels as soon as 2014 hits!