This is our fifth update already! It feels like we went live on Early Acces just last week, even though lots of progress has been made already. Thanks for joining us on this crazy ride!
This new build is very exciting to us. We're introducing a brand new area, the Frozen City. It's filled with beautiful, deadly, programmer-art robots that are very much work in progress. Getting to the Frozen City won't be as luck-dependent as it used to be, because we did some balancing on Big Dog, giving you more of a fighting chance. You'll also be able to get your hands on three brand new weapons: The Chainsaw, Energy Hammer, and the already-Vlambeer-favorite Flak Cannon. We've also finally created a bolt-based mutation, called Crossbow Lungs, which probably needs a better name.
Let us know if you get to the Frozen City, and beware of those robots, they have some nasty tricks up their sleeves!
Pick of the week
- A new area, the Frozen City, featuring two new enemy types.
- New weapons: wreak melee havok with the Chainsaw and Energy Hammer or use the new favorite here at Vlambeer, the Flak Cannon.
- New mutation: Crossbow Lungs. Makes bolt-based weapons slightly homing towards the mouse. Probably still needs some work.
- Snipers will wait a bit longer before firing at the start of a level.
- Plant's snare no longer stops enemies completely, they can now escape given enough time.
- Some small Big Dog changes. You now have some time to escape after it dies, it spams less missiles, and spawning next to it won't trigger it right away.
- Slightly more screwdriver damage.
- Impact Wrists now deals a bit less damage. Still needs some work!
- The I.D.P.D. is no longer interested in the mysterious statues collecting rads, instead damage to the statues will sound their interdimensional alarms.
- There should be no more enemies in Crown Vaults after you loop the game.
- Vaults now return you to the next area instead of 4_1.
- Killing props in a Vault will no longer spawn portals.
- Getting Boiling Veins and walking into fire will no longer shake the screen like crazy.
- Fire Trap scorchmarks are now also visible on grass.
- Game no longer crashes if you kill Big Dog & it spawns a portal.
- Some investigation into causes of lag/memory leaks. Will take a while to improve, but we're working on it.
- Cars now move slightly when hit.
- The statue only spawns in X_2 areas now. No more cave statues.
- Changed some character & skill texts.
- Some of the contrast on Desert tiles has been changed.
- Renamed Laser Sword to Energy Sword.
Starting this week we'll pick out interesting things that happened on the Steam Community, on Twitter or on Tumblr. For this week, we definitely think that Thomas Wellman, who made this wonderful illustration[thomaswellmann.tumblr.com]
, earns being the first in this category. If you feel like submitting a Let's Play video or an illustration, please use the Steam Community to let us know!
Next week we'll work a bit more on this new area, and try to make some progress with the Crowns! Join us in the livestreams at www.nuclearthrone.com
around 1PM CET every Tuesday and Thursday to see all that happening right before your eyes!