Another slow December week filled with cool small things. Things got a bit crazy in the last week, with Jan Willem being called away to do some urgent stuff and Rami launching a small side-project, but Jan Willem worked all day today to get this update ready for deployment and Rami uploaded this during his short December break, from a little room somewhere in the heart of Copenhagen. It's a bit late, but we hope you can forgive us for being a tad late considering the circumstances.
Thanks so much for your massive support during the streams earlier this week. The viewercounts have never been as high, with a small 75,000 people watching Rami streaming his indie games Q&A and live interview with VG247 on Tuesday and Joonas Turner streaming his SFX Q&A on Thursday. Your feedback and support during the livestreams are what keeps us capable of reaching new players, getting front-page featuring on Twitch.tv and a large part of the motivation to keep working on this.
Without further ado, Update #9, which features a lot of corpses/
- New corpse sprites for most mutants.
- New corpse sprites for most enemies.
- Sounds when you swap weapons, conveniently letting you hear what weapon type you're equiping. Other than sounding great, this might save you some accidental explosion deaths.
- New sounds for opening chests, and picking up weapons.
- Some changes to the frog enemies.
- Lucky Shot now gives you ammo even more often!
- Crowns now undo stuff if you equip a different one. You'll get HP back from the Crown of Life, and lose a skillpoint from the Crown of Destiny. Crown behaviour is still very much work in progress.
- The Crown Vaults now work with gamepad!
- Chicken's slow-motion now works properly with gamepad.
- Chicken Sword now slashes in the right direction when standing close to the mouse.
- Enemy speeds are capped on collision, possibly fixing enemies spawning outside of the level with the Crown of Blood.
- Lil Hunter no longer gives errors when you die.
- The Crown Vault will no longer kill you if you spawn close to the Crown.
- Gamepad autoaim now also targets props. Have fun shooting explosive barrels!
- Updated Melting's image in the character select.
- Plasma weapons now have a reload sound.
- Lil Hunter now has blue fire.
Next week will be our last update until January, because Jan Willem will fly out for a short vacation as well. We'll try and make it a good one to carry you across new years'. The streams will continue as usual, and the way things seem now you can look forward to live development with Jan Willem on Tuesday and an illustrations Q&A with artist Justin Chan on Thursday.
As always, we'd love to hear your stories, unfortunate deaths, suggestions, problems and unprobable survivals. Keep sending those fanarts, Let's Play videos and wiki updates. We're super excited for how far this project has come already, and we're looking forward to pushing it much further with all of you.
Anyway, the best way to check out the new corpse sprites is by shooting things. Have fun!