After the mysterious chests in the crown vaults, we've now added Crown Guardians to your high-level Vault Runs! These Guardians are not only very dangerous, they also bring a couple of changes to the ways Crown Vaults & Crowns work. They even have their own music!
To help you fight these giants, we've got a brand new mutation: Stress. Stress improves your rate of fire as your health lowers. As you might imagine, 1HP Y.V. with Rhino Skin and Stress is a glorious thing. Other than that, you'll run into more I.D.P.D. after the Crystal Caves, a lot of bugs have been fixed, fire traps now shoot slower fire, energy weapons now receive more ammo, and the Sewers are now covered in a smelly fog!
- Crown Guardians! These dangerous foes will be found in Crown Vaults after the first one.
- A great new track for the Crown Guardians.
- Stress. This brand new mutation gives you a higher rate of fire when your health is lower. A great match for characters such as Rebel and Chicken!
- Stinky fog in the sewers.
- Drops now give you more energy ammo. The ammo cap is still the same, so this should work well with the high ammo use nature of energy weapons.
- Fire from the Traps has been made a bit slower.
- You no longer take damage when big enemy corpses bump into you.
- Sight range in dark levels has been reduced, but Eyes now sees even more.
- Grenades, slugs, and shotgun pellets are now deflectable.
- The Proto Chest should no longer spawn on top of the Crown.
- Fixed the way levels are loaded, so that it no longer rains in the secret level.
- Big Weapon Chests no longer appear in the secret level.
- New collision masks for the plasma weapons.
- The Proto Chest no longer gives an error when the player dies.
- You can no longer walk past Trap fire. Can't believe we didn't find out about this earlier!
- Made some small fixes to the way Big Health Chests spawn.
- Labs should no longer start with an activated portal.
- Chests sometimes spawned with a bit of wind next to them, this should no longer happen.
- Cursed Chests no longer turn into Big Weapon Chests when opened.
- Some minor changes to the enemy shooting code.
- Allies now show a heal effect when healed.
- Chests after the Crystal Caves now spawn with I.D.P.D. Grunts instead of Bandits.
- The secret level music has been updated.
- The ambient tracks for Laboratory and Scrapyard have been updated.
- Freaks now sometimes fly through portals heading to the Laboratory.
Next week is going to be the last big update for a while. It will be followed by a minor update, and then we'll have to take a break while we're visiting the Game Developers Conference.
We want to use this big update for two thing: Performance, and the IDPD. Hopefully we can get the game to run a bit better, so that you can fight those new and improved I.D.P.D. soldiers in glorious 320x240 at 30fps!
Enough future talk. For now, enjoy this week's update!