Apologies for the late upload, as you might remember Rami's computer melted down during the Thursday livestream. Everything is replaced now, so we're happy to announce that this weeks update features lots of fixes! We intended to get the first secret level in this week, but because Jan Willem suffered from some weird flu and migraines those haven't made it in yet. Instead we present you some updated music from Jukio, proper wall collisions and a pile of fixes that should hopefully increase stability across the board.
- The player no longer weirdly slides along walls when pushing against them. The new system will still get a little work to help you walk around corners, but should at least stop you from getting killed because the game thinks you want to walk into a Scorpion.
This change will obviously impact a lot of the game, so we're going to go and make this the main change for this week to see how that resolves.
- Mysterious music could appear in Frozen City now.
- Tips can now be based on your current Crown and Mutations.
- The Desert music got a small update.
- We made unlocking Rebel a lot easier for now. The unlock system works, so until we've decided upon what to do with the system we'll leave it like this.
- Shotguns have been buffed a bit, now having 1 extra pellet per shell fired.
- Crown of Life now gives you +6 HP at the end of each level.
- Hyper Rifles and Gold Weapons spawns slightly later.
- Flame weapons spawn earlier.
- The Statue now always spawns in the 2nd level in a world after the first Desert. No more sad empty tiles!
- Looping into an area lower than the area needed to unlock a character now also unlocks that character.
- Debris should cause a lot less slowdown.
- Some changes and fixes to the level generation.
- Fish is no longer invulnerable after getting hit once while rolling/using his Throne Butt.
- The volume for the Boss Killed jingle is now the same as music volume.
- The game now frees memory used for music before shutting down.
- Enemy SFX are no longer all preloaded, probably freeing some CPU and fixing music issues for people.
- Even more tinkering with audio memory stuff...
- Mimics now also spawn in Desert after looping.
- There are no longer holes in the grass in Scrapyard.
- We started work on the first secret area. Not implemented yet.
- The way tiles are handled is now a bit more versatile and perhaps even faster.
- The ambient tracks for Frozen City & Scrapyard have been updated.
- Fire now lights up the darkness.
We're very curious how all these fixes influence the game for you! Let us know, and come hang out in our dev streams every Tuesday and Thursday around 1PM CET. Have fun!