Okay, something big has happened this week. One of the things we've been wanting to implement for a very long time, is in the game now: Secret Areas. Somewhere in the depths of Nuclear Throne, you can now reach one. We won't tell you where, and we won't tell you how. All we can tell you is that we are super
excited for all of you to start looking for it.
Other than that, we have some pretty good changes: Rebel has been changed around a bit, with (smarter) allies now healing whenever you spawn a new one, and a different kind of attack on the passive ability.
We also added a new high-level melee weapon and a new enemy in Frozen City, which should make that area feel a bit more complete. Other than that, usual bugfixes and a whole load of new sound effects and graphics! Enjoy.
- A very secret new area.
- Robot Wolves now roam the Frozen City.
- You'll be able to find the deadly Energy Screwdriver in later areas.
- Sound effects for fire weapons.
- Allies now heal whenever you spawn a new one as Rebel, and her passive now spawns Ally bullets instead of Blood Explosions.
- Loading screen portals now look different depending on where you're going!
- Mimics have been made a tiny bit more rare, to catch players off guard more often.
- Enemies in caves now drop a bit less radiation.
- Enemies should no longer spawn inside walls, which should also fix the portal not spawning when all the enemies seem dead.
- Chicken should no longer teleport around when slashing near walls.
- Shovel now works with Long Arms.
- Ally AI has been improved.
- Debris now disappears into smoke, not dust.
- Tiles can now support more than 4 different images.
- Tiles in Crown Vaults have been updated a bit.
- New prop in Scrapyard.
- Rebel now has a campfire animation.
- Robot now has a simpler, less ridiculous campfire animation.
- The Frozen City wall art has been changed a bit.
- More loading screen tips have been added.
- Big Bandit's death animation has been updated.
- We worked a bit more on Labs, which should be in the next update!
We're just chipping away at this as much as we can, and we're figuring out where our focus for the next few weeks is going to be. In a few weeks, in early March, the Game Developers Conference will cause us to go dark and not update for a week (or maybe two), and we want to have the game in a completely different spot than we have it now by then.
Keep telling us what you think on Twitter
or here on the forums
or on our development livestreams, every Tuesday and Thursday at 1PM CET[twitch.tv]
. Please keep posting Let's Plays, screenshots, gifs and spread the word!
Until next week with a new update!