Update number twenty-nine brings you a ton of good stuff. First of all, three new weapons with beautiful placeholder art. The weapons are all relatively high level, but aren't giant ammo eaters like most in that category. The Smart Gun is a high rate of fire machinegun that automatically targets the enemy closest to the cursor, the Heavy Crossbow is a crossbow that uses two bolts to fire a double-damage, slower bolt, and the Blood Hammer is a melee weapon that causes Blood Explosions on impact, at the cost of absolutely no ammo!
Besides that, the Fire Salamanders and basic Guardians have been given sound effects, and gold and cursed weapons now have their very own colored outlines on the HUD. We did a bit of tweaking to the IDPD, Laser weapons and Portal cameras, made the game pause when you accidentally click outside of the window or Alt+Tab, fixed an ugly visual glitch where shadows were drawn outside of the level, and even found the time to balance energy weapons a bit and fix a dumb bug in the Flame weapons that allowed you to kill Big Dog in 2 seconds! And that doesn't even include the work that has been going on behind the scenes...
Anyway, we're curious as always to hear your thoughts! Enjoy.
Cool stuff from the community
- The Smart Gun.
- The Heavy Crossbow. This thing shoots what seems to be two bolts taped together... Very work in progress!
- The Blood Hammer, causes Blood Explosions on impact.
- Sound effects for the Fire Salamanders.
- Sound effects for the basic Guardians.
- Gold/cursed weapons now have colored outlines on the HUD.
- IDPD now need to be within a certain range of you to throw grenades.
- IDPD Grunts no longer spawn on chests after the caves.
- Flame weapons have been nerfed a bit and should no longer be able to completely trash bosses.
- Laser Cannon has a higher rate of fire.
- Laser Pistols now have a slightly lower rate of fire.
- Shadows are no longer drawn outside the level, several issues with this have been fixed.
- HP can no longer go under 0, sorry Sharp Teeth Chicken users.
- The Golden Hammer now draws properly in the HUD.
- Some of the wall collisions have been reworked.
- The game now pauses when unfocused!
- The camera is now pulled less towards Portals.
- Added a rare little visual joke to the Mimics.
- A new tip for Rebel.
- Palace ambience track has been updated.
We started with Ganil's figurines this week, and we'll do that again this week because wow, are those some fine figurines
. We also found this animation pretty good[seph-of-maryland.tumblr.com]
, YouTube-user zqxinran posted their 100th video
, Sleepcycles and Tengu Drop were mentioned in our talk on the process of making Nuclear Throne[t.co]
Forum Member Solid's Passive Challenge
last week was won early by meow
. This week, the challenge is named after the "Rami RNG"
Expect a bit more work on the Palace next week, and maaaaybe a start at reworking the Game Over screen. Things might get a bit more hectic as E3 closes in, so bear in mind that we might seem a little slow!