Wait, what. We've been in Early Access for a year now? Wow! This calls for a celebration!
It's kind of absurd to think that for the past year, we've streamed about 520 hours of Nuclear Throne development and released almost 50 updates of the game. From less than a 100 Google results, Nuclear Throne now has over 300,000 Google results. There are over 40,000 YouTube videos, the majority likely by Sleepcycles, Bisnap and TenguDrop. The Nuclear Throne group has over 5,000 Members, we're listed in dozens of Steam Curator Lists and the game has performed super well for us.
We owe all of this to our amazing team, and to all of you. We can't express just how thankful we are for every single one of you that bought the game, but also those that show up in streams, that create weekly challenges, that offer feedback and criticism, that ask questions in the livestreams or make fan art, fan writing, fan music, fan games or even figurines.
So let's get to update #46! We've got Joonas back! That means there's a lot of cool new sound effects. Jukio made a beautiful minimalist tune that plays in the background after you've defeated a boss. There's also a ton of balancing, and three ridiculous new weapons. Go check the log!
We've been working hard behind the scenes on some future features too. Paul's been creating beautiful enemies and tiles for an upcoming secret area, and we've taken our first baby steps towards seeding. It isn't quite working yet, but we'll hopefully have some first test with that soon! Enjoy!
- Some little things to celebrate one year of Early Access!
- Sounds for the *CLASSIFIED*!
- Three new high level weapons: The Auto Grenade Shotgun, Double Minigun and Gatling Bazooka.
- Music for after boss fights.
- Music for 0_1.
- Boiling Veins now works when under 4HP, instead of 50% HP.
- Rebel's healing is now rounded down.
- Bloodlust has received a tiny buff.
- Lucky Shot has received a buff.
- Last Wish now fills Rogue's special ammo.
- Slugger rate of fire has been reduced a tiny bit.
- Rogue Rifle rate of fire has been reduced a bit.
- Hyper Launcher deals less impact damage.
- Snowtanks now take longer before they'll react to things.
- Rogue's special, the Nuke Launcher and the Ion Cannon now work with gamepad. All still need some work for usability, but we'll go over gamepad controls at some point!
- The LOW HP message no longer intersects with Rogue's special ammo counter..
- Boss music no longer keeps playing after *CLASSIFIED*.
- Rogue should no longer get stuck because portals won't spawn.
- Boss intro's no longer stop all other sounds from playing.
- Disabled the Sentry Gun for now, we're sorry, but it's terrible.
- Rogue now sounds as Fish, until she gets her own SFX.
- Horror starts with a normal revolver again. We want the Rusty Revolver to stay special.
- Sound effects for pop weapons and fire shotguns!
- The *CLASSIFIED* no longer fires when you're dead.
- The screen now shakes a bit when *CLASSIFIED* walks.
- Boss gun audio now works the same as player gunfire, muting out all other sounds a bit.
- Rogue has an updated walk animation.
- Added some more tips.
We're not done yet, though. We have months of work ahead, and during those months we hope for your continued support and help in spreading Nuclear Throne across the world.
Time to celebrate with some Nuclear Throne!