As promised, we tried to get loads of new features in this week, and we're happy to tell you that through herculean effort and diligent work, we've succeeded! Amongst a ton of stuff, we made a whole new mutant you can play as. And golden guns. And crowns that actually do something. Actually, feel free to stop reading this and start playing right now!
- Chicken! A katana-wielding mutant that can slow down time.
- Crowns now work! They still need a lot of work, and some of them are horrible or unbalanced, but you can find them in the Crown Vault and mess around with them.
- Gold weapons! That will start spawning after you loop the game.
- A new B-skin.
- Loading texts can now be based on the weapon you're carrying.
- A secret, new, rare enemy in levels after Desert.
- Crossbow Lungs renamed to Bolt Marrow, now makes bolts jump straight into nearby enemies. Lots of fun!
- Plasma weapons now deal splash damage making them not quite useless.
- Frogs walk away from you at spawn.
- Less accuracy for the Auto Crossbow.
- Ammo starting amounts are different.
- Steroids ammo starting amounts are different.
- More range for the Snow Tanks.
- Weapons should no longer go through portals after death.
- Portals should no longer spawn outside of levels.
- Frozen City enemies now spawn when looping.
- Gators no longer spawn inside walls.
- Gators & Assassins now give Rads when killed before activated.
- Health can no longer be negative.
- When carrying a melee weapon only, the bullet ammo type no longer lights up on the HUD.
- Snowbot finalization & car pickup/throw animations.
- Snow and ashes in the Frozen City.
- A couple of new Frozen City props, including 2 rare ones.
- Renamed Crossbow Lungs to Bolt Marrow.
- Cool pedestals in the Crown Vaults.
- Snowbots now leave dust trails when attacking.
- Smoking Gators now carry their shotgun on their back.
- Some more loading screen texts.
- Snowtank graphics!
- Y.V. now starts with a gold revolver.
- Chainsaw is now a Jackhammer.
- Big Dog corpses look slightly different.
Next week we'll be fixing some loose ends in preperation for December. We'll be slowing down on the updates for the weeks after the next one temporarily, since most of the team will take a breather sometime in December. There will still be streams on every Tuesday and Thursday, although they'll generally be art-, music- or sound-related. We at Vlambeer do want to make sure the game is stable and has plenty of things to play around with this week.
We hit 10,000 sales earlier this week and wow, thanks so much for getting the game to such a staggering number so quickly! We're super humbled and thankful to everybody in the community. Do tune in on Tuesday and Thursday to let us know what you thought of everything in Update #7 and please do share the game with friends on Twitter and Facebook and all that.