A thoughtful Kickstarter backer (Jeff Szudzik) kindly introduced us to the Extra Credits videogame development series. We carefully study their insightful videos and were thus shocked and thrilled when, today, their Chief Developer published a highly favorable video review! Please enjoy and click the video's "Like" button!
Simultaneously, the UK's mega-channel YOGSCAST Sjin released an entertaining overview of Last Dream. They will continue posting videos if they receive sufficient Likes; thus, please click away! :-)
Finally, a second Last Dream update has been made live. Over 20 bug fixes and improvements have been implemented based on your comments.
For those interested, here is the entire list of bugs that were fixed in this update:
1) Possible issue with the Puzzle Master puzzle count.
2) NullDark classified as both Recovery and Assist.
3) Mysterious clouds are unresponsive in "Blue and Yellow" block puzzle of the Dread Woods. Should still be active to allow for another way to reset the puzzle besides L+R.
4) Reservoir Staff incorrectly adds -25% INT state.
5) "Current game" puzzle counter isn't reset in New Game + so Puzzle Master rewards are bugged.
6) Mr. Cope's parents can become stuck and block treasure chests.
7) Experience split is not handled correctly when party members are dead.
8) Can land Airship on Riverdale and not be able to reenter.
9) New Game + bug with Daedalus where he says you've already completed the puzzle despite only having done it in a previous play through.
10) Master Fisherman's End Credits are bugged. He will talk about showing him a Leviathan based on your acquiring one, not showing it to him.
11) Moa Races End Credits are bugged. Talk about defeating the Gray Moa even though you never raced him. Possibly related to New Game +.
12) Game doesn't check if game options are altered when giving Abyss achievements.
13) Can become stuck when talking to Cid after the 3rd Tier of the Hunter's Guild if you haven't talked to Locke at all.
14) Characters can dodge Healing Herbs.
15) Blue Moa passability errors with Snow Slug area and Dvergar Secret Passage.
16) Terran Treasure Hunter achievements are not working correctly in update.
17) Tiling issue with the stairs when going to the Asgard Resistance Hideout.
18) New Game + loads very slowly on some Windows 8 computers.
19) Black Mage portrait changes at some point in the game.
20) Death animation sounds for bosses still play at full volume when muted.
1) Changed how screen resolution is adjusted. Now use F5 and F6 to switch between windowed mode and full screen mode and the windowed mode resolution, respectively.
2) Z (mapped to D by default) will now act as a Fast Forward in-game.
3) Allow direct opening of the Map menu when on the World Map by holding cancel button (mapped to X by default).