We are releasing a hot fix today to deal with some unexpected issues that came up with the last update. We have fixed a bunch of the more widespread issues with the patch, and are now focusing on resolving the issue some people are having with locking up in the main menu.
We wanted to get these changes out to you guys and let you know we are working on a fix for that too, and will release a hot fix for it as soon as it’s taken care of. If you are experiencing the issue, please help us debug it by posting additional information at this forum post.
In this patch we have also addressed a lot of the feedback we have received with regards to the AI difficulty. We look forward to getting feedback on these changes from more people, and are confident that players will notice a significant improvement in how the AI behave. They still sometimes see through objects in the world, however that’s the next thing our team will spend some time focusing on fixing with the AI in the game. We are also working out a better system for how the AI handle RPGs and will bring them back accordingly.
Fixed common client crash relating to the firemode display.
Fixed server-side crash relating to the map voting system.
Fixed a server-side crash in stats system.
Fixed crash when an explosive from a disconnected player would be part of a chain explosion.
Fixed UI crash when the page up or down keys were pressed on some UI elements.
Fixed crash relating to global ban system.
Fixed crash relating to Steam tagging system after changing the level.
Graphics options menu will now behave correctly after pressing “Back” without applying a change.
Key bindings menu will now correctly apply changes when you exit the menu without pressing “Back” at the bottom of the bindings menu.
User Experience Improvements
The user is now presented with a message if they could not connect to a server due to version mismatch.
Vote options for bot count in Checkpoint have been tweaked to allow for a higher number of bots (added an option for 20 bots per objective).
Coop: Tweaks to bot vision, suppression and aiming.
Coop: Improved collision meshes for the reeds and cannabis plants on Panj to prevent bots from spotting players through them.
Hunt: Improved bot cache destruction response. Now they will come investigate from far away if they see the explosion.
Checkpoint: Increased the number of bots by default.
Exhausting grenades or RPGs will now adjust your weight correctly.
Doubled the maximum number of ammo types for theater modders.
Today we are releasing an update to resolve some server-side crashing issues, gameplay balance tweaks, and map improvements.
The stats server is now back online after some unexpected downtime yesterday and part of today. Thanks for your patience as we worked to resolve the issue.
Servers are still updating, so if you get a version mismatch, try another server that has players on it.
Full changelist below:
- Updated PVP maps: District, Market, Panj, Revolt and Sinjar
- Updated Coop maps: Contact (Hunt) and Panj (Hunt)
- Insurgent Light Armor now costs 2 supply instead of 1.
- Now players can only carry 1 C4 even if they have a chest carrier.
- RPG and AT4 weigh less and now cost 5 supply instead of 6.
USER EXPERIENCE IMPROVEMENTS
- Added anti-spam measures against radial commands.
- Magazine and fire mode information is no longer constantly displayed.
- Reduced AI field of view so they don’t see players at longer ranges as easily.
- Increased default attack delay at longer ranges for AI.
- Reduced chances that bots will suppress players. They must see them for longer, and be within the desired attack range in order to suppress a player behind cover.
- Stats authentication has been throttled to 3 attempts per map with 15 seconds between each attempt, to hopefully reduce cases of game servers not communicating with our stats backend.
- Authentication state is now checked for server ‘stats’ tag.
- Added server-side “ins_stats_status” command to print helpful information about the current stats connection.
FIXES AND OPTIMIZATIONS
- Fixed a server crash related to the AI investigation state where it was eating up too much memory.
- Fixed auto-upload of crash dumps for dedicated servers
- Potential fix for Main Menu not always updating in-game.
- Fixed Mk4 scope alignment on M14.
- More Panj optimization.
- Fixed Panj (Hunt) navigation mesh.
- Fixed not able to capture push A in Market when player is in prone position inside the black hawk.
- Potential fix for CRopeManager console spam in Market.