Based on some of the feedback we've received, we decided to release an update. This is quite possibly the last update before Beta. Be sure to read Jeremy's blog post about our road to Beta!
We are about to put a bunch of new systems and weapons into the game which will probably break things for a bit. Be patient, as the next update will be very exciting and mark a big milestone for the game. We will be testing on the Beta branch leading up to its release, and hope that many of you will be able to help us test as we go :)
Anyway in the mean-time, here is a nice small update for you guys:
- Updated Buhriz and Uprising.
- New M590 and MP5k sounds.
- Neutral state has been re-implemented so objectives are only neutral when they are being contested, allowing people to prevent the other team from winning by starting a capture.
- In Push, capture progress never deteriorates, so the defending team must actually enter the defense point to bring progress back down after a capture has been started (and stopped).
- Push now has shorter reinforcement time (20 instead of 30 for attackers, 30 instead of 40 for defenders).
- Added convar mp_joinwaittime which is the time, in seconds, the game will wait for additional players once the minimum player threshold has been reached. This should give players more time to join before the first round between map changes. Defaults to 20 seconds.
- In Push the defenders now get a defense kill bonus for any kill they get, so they will receive supply tokens at a more steady rate.
- There is now a single mapcycle.txt file that rotates through all the maps, and forces the most ideal game mode for each map instead of using the game mode that the server was on previously. Servers may manually add additional game modes to a map through the map script if they wish to.
- Map scripts now control moving spawns for Push and Checkpoint, so that trigger relays no longer need to be set by the mapper (SDK examples will be provided at some point).
- Stance transitions are slightly slower and more methodical.
- Can no longer fire your weapon while in transition to or from prone.
- Added support for "Walk" button. It will actually make your player move silently when used.
- Realism and normal scripts have been consolidated so now weapon, player behavior and damage are all consistent.
- M16 is now burst by default.
- Kill cam is now removed by default.
- Friendly fire is now enabled in realism instead of having to be set separately.
- Vote kick options have been modified to be more scalable: Default vote kick option is "Idle/AFK" which is just a kick, not a ban. Trolling is a 5 minute ban. Excessive team killing is a 20 minute ban. Cheating is a 60 minute ban.
- Fixed a bug where the smoke grenade particle effect would disappear if not being looked at directly or if using a 4x scope.
- Changelevel vote is now disabled by default, encouraging players to use nextlevel instead.
- Fixed mp_winlimit so that games end when they should.
- Fixed a bug where holstering a burst fire weapon mid-burst would fire shots when you deployed the weapon again.
- Reduced the size of the blood particle material for better optimization.
- Fix for ins_debug_visibility convar so that it logs all invisible players, not just dead players.
- Fixed a bug where mp_switchteams would change your team but let you keep the weapon you had for your previous team.