Since the invisible player bug still exists we've decided to put out another hot fix today that should in the best case scenario fix it, and in the worst case scenario allow you guys to help us debug it and come up with a resolution as soon as possible.
- Improved player ShouldDraw() functionality to hopefully reduce or remove instances of invisible players.
- Added ins_debug_visibility convar for debugging invisible players if they still exist. If you notice the bug, please enable this console variable and report to us a log of what your console informs you.
- Made the amount of objectives and their locations consistent from map to map instead of from game mode to game mode. For example, Contact contains the same 3 objectives in both Firefight and Skirmish and District contains the same 5 objectives in both Firefight and Skirmish.
- Map updates to Heights, Siege and Contact.
- Added support for spatialized voice chat in Mumble using sv_mumble_positionalaudio convar.
- New sounds for TOZ.
Please report back to us on the invisible player issue, and if it still exists please provide us with some logs from your console using the new debug message we've provided as it will help us resolve the issue further.
Let us know what you think of our efforts to add more consistency to the maps. The changes we've made were done so that we can properly design the maps around certain objectives instead of trying to force maps to work with varying objective layouts. Players should be able to learn the maps much better this way and feel like objective spacing is more consistent throughout all the maps. As we near Beta and attempt to solidify and strengthen our level and game design to be as cohesive and consistent an experience as possible we will be looking to you guys for input, so let us know what you think!
We are also curious what you guys think of the changes to Heights. We've reduced the water exploit greatly and have also opened up some more areas of play that should allow the Insurgents to be a little less bottle necked and to open the map up a bit more as a whole.