We have quite the update for you today! Including two brand new game modes to play, some map updates, Skirmish mode in smaller maps, improvements to AI, and various other tweaks.
Fixes and Improvements
- Added new game modes: VIP Escort and Outpost.
- Updated maps: District, Ministry, Heights and Market.
- VIP Escort enabled on District, Market, Ministry and Heights.
- Outpost enabled on District, Heights, Siege and Buhriz.
- Skirmish now enabled on Ministry, Siege, Uprising and Contact.
- New VIP character and updated Security character skins.
- Updated level overviews.
- New capture blocking system where even if you are outnumbered as a defender and unable to stop progress, you are still able to block the completion of an enemy capture. Teams must now completely clear an area in order to secure it.
- Players can no longer sprint sideways.
- Added a firing delay to coming out of a sprint/crawl.
- Players can now properly throw grenades when leaning.
- New blockzone system that is no longer an invisible wall, but instead a restricted area that you may enter but not engage within.
- Player is now informed when they are the last man standing.
- Grenades and RPGs no longer detonate in an enemy spawnzone for improved spawn protection.
- Cleaned up the muzzle flash code as it could cause doubled up muzzles.
- Removed auto team scramble by default. Servers may enable it if they wish (mp_scrambleteams_auto).
- Added grace period so waves don't get deducted if they are triggered within the first minute of play.
- When friendly fire is enabled, players now deal a fraction of damage to their teammates (mp_friendlyfire_damage is set default to 0.35) and an even smaller fraction of damage to their teammates in spawn areas (mp_friendlyfire_damage_spawnarea is set default to 0.05).
- Firemode, flashlight and laser sight can be toggled while sprinting without interrupting it.
- Fixed micro-stutter for the first time a smoke grenade is thrown.
- Freecam spectators can now move around during the pre-round countdown.
- Removed some unnecessary code that might have killed spectator on round reset.
- Flashbangs now stun AI and smoke grenades block their visibility.
- Improved investigation functionality to prevent herding.
- Improved where AI looks while moving around normally.
- Reduced instances of AI shooting through walls.
- Improved attack delay so it's determined by distance and whether their target is in their FOV.
- Reduced silent weapons' alert volume.