We have just released a pretty significant update for you all to enjoy over the holidays!
Here are some of the changes in the update:
New and Updated Content
- New Map: Peak (supports Skirmish, Push, Strike, SND, VIP)
- New Weapon: AT-4
- Updated Maps: Siege, District (now with Push support), Ministry and Heights.
- Added new “focus” feature allowing the player to focus for a brief moment by aiming down the sights while still and holding shift (sprint).
- Added radio cues for “Objective Captured” and “Objective Lost” instead of the current musical cues that are used for these events.
- Added new music tracks for winning, losing and round-start (if you do not hear any of the new sounds, try snd_rebuildaudiocache) in the console.
- New reticles for Sniper, 4x, Kobra and Eotech sights.
- Re-implemented shell ejection.
- Greatly reduced the distance of enemy 3D VOIP so that players can more comfortably communicate with their teammates without feeling as though they are giving away their position (server-side convars “mp_voice_max_distance_enemy” and “mp_voice_max_distance_friendly”).
- Whether the talker is facing the listener and whether the listener is facing the talker now has a notable impact on the volume of the 3D VOIP, making it feel more spatial (server-side convars “mp_voice_indirect_talker_volume” and “mp_voice_indirect_listener_volume”).
If a wall or object is between the talker and the listener, 3D VOIP will be affected – it will be greatly reduced if the talker is your teammate, and it will be inaudible if it is an enemy (server-side convars “mp_voice_blocked_lineofsight_friendly_volume” and “mp_voice_blocked_lineofsight_enemy_volume”).
- The VOIP volume of squadmates now scales based on how far away you are from your squadmate, so that even though you can always hear your squadmates their volume is an indication of whether they are close to you or not (scales between server-side convars “mp_voice_min_squad_volume” and “mp_voice_max_friendly_volume”).
- Reduced exploiting when prone by lowering the POV height of prone players so that the camera better matches the player in third person.
Updated misc. particle FX.
Fixes and Optimization
- Fixed a crash when players would touch weapon cache buy zones in certain maps (e.g. District Skirmish).
- Fixed third person flashlight not rendering as well as the first person effect having the wrong origin when aiming down sights.
- Fixed weapon cache collision models (you can no longer walk or throw things “through” caches).